• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Champion Tester

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Champion Tester"

Collapse

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    I've never NEVER tested something that didn't fail somewhere, somehow, someday.

I remember when, it was 1999 or there abouts .................
    You are an absolute bloody disgrace. You should be ashamed of yourself. Editing text like that. Double negatives.

No wonder this country is on its knees. When the Europids take control again your sort will be first up against the wall. We don't want your sort round here.
    Last edited by aussielong; 20 August 2012, 22:01.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    You only have a job because I don't KNOW HOW to test my stuff properly AND HAVE AN OVER INFLATED SENSE OF MY OWN ABILITY.
    Let's not be beastly to the testers. Noel Coward.
    I've never NEVER tested something that didn't fail somewhere, somehow, someday.

I remember when, it was 1999 or there abouts .................

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    I was being sarcastic lol

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    LMAO there's no such thing as professionalism anymore dear, dear best of luck to him I suppose. When I found out how much I could earn as a contractor I didn't whinge I asked what necessary skills I needed to become one and put the plan into action.
    You are an absolute disgrace. What kind of example are you setting your kids? No wonder the UK is on its knees. Del Boy has no place in software development you know.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    LMAO there's no such thing as professionalism anymore dear, dear best of luck to him I suppose. When I found out how much I could earn as a contractor I didn't whinge I asked what necessary skills I needed to become one and put the plan into action.

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by insur View Post
    Your taking all this development thing far too seriously.

Enjoy the ride, no one gets out of this place alive.

BTW: I'm a developer myself, am I still a parasite?

Lets not kid ourselves that somehow we are the champions of the industry.

It's all one big gravy train. If other industries functioned like IT, god knows what the state of the country would be like.

Still don't know what a sockie job is? anyone?
    You only have a job because I don't have time to test my stuff properly. Thats no job for a man. What kind of example are you setting the younger ones. Absolute disgrace.

Come the revolution first out are the BAs, followed shortly after by the testers. Toot toot, all aboard the gravy train!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    No wonder the UK is on its knees and the bobs are taking your jobs.

Parasites feeding off the hardworking developers.
    Filthy Ozzie immigrants

Leave a comment:

• insur
    replied

Your taking all this development thing far too seriously.

Enjoy the ride, no one gets out of this place alive.

BTW: I'm a developer myself, am I still a parasite?

Lets not kid ourselves that somehow we are the champions of the industry.

It's all one big gravy train. If other industries functioned like IT, god knows what the state of the country would be like.

Still don't know what a sockie job is? anyone?

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Like me the contract testers were just there to enjoy the ride on the gravy train.
    ?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    He left the place on his own terms, picked up two months salary for doing nothing and taught his boss a valuable lessson. How big should his pair be?

Like me the contract testers were just there to enjoy the ride on the gravy train.

It's the job of any decent LM\PM to identify the crucial permie staff and keep them on side. That way things run a lot smoother for all concerned.

Btw, what's a Sockie job?
    I dont call taking 2 month time off as sick and getting money for it when there's nothing wrong with him, growing a pair. If he pulls that trick while permie to 'get even' or teach his boss a 'valuable lesson,' he's going to be crying off a lot in the contract world.

If he was that bothered about contractors earning more than him as a permie (really!?), as I said, he's going to be a right whinge bag when he finds other contractors are earning more than him on the same job or, the agent stiffs him on his rate.

Leave a comment:

• insur
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    What!? So contractors were being paid more than he (the permie) was!?

Who'd ever have thought that!

As for getting even?

I can see you 'friend' posting here in a month or so, whinging other contractors not as good as him are being paid more.

Sorry, this is either a sockie job or your 'mate' needs to grow a pair imho.
    He left the place on his own terms, picked up two months salary for doing nothing and taught his boss a valuable lessson. How big should his pair be?

It's the job of any decent LM\PM to identify the crucial permie staff and keep them on side. That way things run a lot smoother for all concerned.

Btw, what's a Sockie job?

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    A good tester is worth their weight in gold.
    Really? I need to negotiate a rate increase coz I'm a fat-lad.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    I had a great deal of sympathy for him. He knew the system inside out, was a very good tester.

IB bought in a number of contract testers who didn’t know the system at all and were paying them a hell of a lot more than him

He complained to his LM who then in his infinite wisdom thought he would make him team leader with a pittance salary rise.

So this guy is now asked to run the test team and being paid less than the people working under him.

This slap in the face was received badly by said tester who then clearly decided to get even.

He who laughs last always laughs the loudest.
    What!? So contractors were being paid more than he (the permie) was!?

Who'd ever have thought that!

As for getting even?

I can see you 'friend' posting here in a month or so, whinging other contractors not as good as him are being paid more.

Sorry, this is either a sockie job or your 'mate' needs to grow a pair imho.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I had a great deal of sympathy for him. He knew the system inside out, was a very good tester.

IB bought in a number of contract testers who didn’t know the system at all and were paying them a hell of a lot more than him

He complained to his LM who then in his infinite wisdom thought he would make him team leader with a pittance salary rise.

So this guy is now asked to run the test team and being paid less than the people working under him.

This slap in the face was received badly by said tester who then clearly decided to get even.

He who laughs last always laughs the loudest.

Now it makes sense why he did what he did. There is always a back story to this kind of tale.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    At last ClientCo a permi tester decided to go contracting, secured a gig which was to start in two days.
    Told new ClientCo he was in between gigs and therefore available to start immediately. He told his current employer he was ill and therefore on sick leave, managed to wrangle a couple of months salary before they realised. He even went to the trouble of providing sick notes. He only got caught when he contacted a so called 'friend' in the company to ask about any gossip his absence was generating. Unfortunately for him he mentioned his new contract to his 'friend' who then let the cat out of the bag.

What a champion
    Why go to all of that effort?

He should have just walked out and refused to return to work. He's not a prisoner and there isn't actually that much that any company can do to stop it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X