• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Olympic Closing Ceremony"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I think the best thing to come out of this is what is shows kids in terms of role models. Instant Celebrity is dead, hardwork & dedication is what it's all about.
    X factor auditons air in a few weeks...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I watched approx two seconds of the opening ceremony and decided it looked like durge. This thread was much more entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    The only legacy for the east end is that the locals will end up being priced out.

Its good that there's been some regeneration but that has had the effect of putting up rental for local businesses. The east end is very "trendy" these days, which means loads of pointless expensive shops, bars and restaurants. All those little cheap curry houses are disappearing.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I think its already a success in that it provides kids with some better role models than they have already.
    Could backfire though, with underclass kids getting fitter we could spawn faster thieves and muggers and just imagine how many more feckless fathers that the feckless slags would get round if they were more motivated!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Thanks god they didnt get Leona Lewis and Jimmy Page to come and sing.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Closing ceremony was alright, just as bonkers as the opening one.
    Music might not have been that great but infinitely better than most other countries can do.
    Is this the most succesful Olympics ever? It could be, if to use that cliche, the legacy is sustained i.e. the East End is permanently regenerated.
    Bit of an if there?

I think its already a success in that it provides kids with some better role models than they have already.
    I sincerely hope so.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    The Who still sound pretty good.
    They pre-recorded it.

Some combination of accoustics and set up time made them realise that it would sound crap if performed live.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    I only managed to sit through about 40 minutes of it before I gave up. It certainly didn't live up to the Opening Ceremony. The sound man in particular should be having a good look in the mirror this morning - the sound quality was dreadful.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Disappointing to say the least, WTF was the fashion bit all about? Russel Brand???? Sweet jesus, spice girls lots of shouting and not much else.

I see the beady eyed twonk managed to murder his own song quite happily, muse were just angst ridden nonsense.

Eric Idle was great and the who were in good form, light show was amazing.

I see Boris managed to brush his hair for the first time ever.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    That was fvcking toss. The Spice Mums with chav spice screeching all over it all. How to make really bad songs infinitely worse! 80% of take That. One Erection, Brain May doing his best Anita Dobson impression while Freddie spins in his grave while that warbling witch murders his song. Eric Idle was easily the best.

They said that this would be like a wedding reception. I didn't realise that them meant it...right down to the crappy DJ with pi55 poor speakers.

The little light things they had around the stadium was the best bit and the Angels who were on stage with Eric Idle.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Music might not have been that great but infinitely better than most other countries can do.
    Is this the most succesful Olympics ever? It could be, if to use that cliche, the legacy is sustained i.e. the East End is permanently regenerated.
    I think the best thing to come out of this is what is shows kids in terms of role models. Instant Celebrity is dead, hardwork & dedication is what it's all about.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I watched about 1 minute in total. Did I miss much?
    David Beckham and Boris called out for you to personally come out and take a bow. Chico from Big Brother had to take your place.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    To be honest not really. As background music while surfing the net it was fine as something to watch it wasn't worth the effort.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X