• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Olympic Athletes Flying The Flag......Upside Down"

Collapse

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    The bhangra dancer seems to have got it right

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    WGAF...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Paint the UF on your naked body and put a photo up as a reference. Maybe two photos... one of you standing on your feet, one on your hands.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yeah but which one is the right colour... you can't just use any old red and blue.
    The one that's the right way up.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    I thought that was Ents? Kate's at it as well now, even with a correctly-oriented version for reference nearby:

Yeah but which one is the right colour... you can't just use any old red and blue.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The Dragons have noticed.

And they're getting mightily upset.

There may be trouble in another couple of millennia.
    I thought that was Ents? Kate's at it as well now, even with a correctly-oriented version for reference nearby:

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If you get Guinea and Mali competing it could get confusing.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    And also of course - who cares. When you have a flag which is quite symmetrical what do you expect? Most flags are far more obvious, e.g. hold the French flag wrong and it's someone else's flag
    Hold the Austrian flag wrong and you get....the Austrian flag. Mind you, you only saw it twice during the Olympics, the start and end as they didn't get any medals...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Actually, Bradley Wiggins (who is the person that is most definitely is flying the flag upside down and not just the 'right way up but facing backwards') was wearing his medal in the photo posted earlier, so it must have been well after the event. I'm not sure therefore how you can claim exhaustion as the cause in that case.

Still, here's another photo of Wiggo making the exact same mistake, that seems to have been taken nearer to the end of a race:

So I guess he can use that excuse that time.
    And also of course - who cares. When you have a flag which is quite symmetrical what do you expect? Most flags are far more obvious, e.g. hold the French flag wrong and it's someone else's flag

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    To be honest I am impressed we have gone 50 posts without someone calling in the Union Jack!
    I didn't know we had a Union. And don't call me Jack.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    To be honest I am impressed we have gone 50 posts without someone calling in the Union Jack!

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Yep. I do mind theres no Welsh element!!!!
    They should put a big bloody leek or a dragon on the thing. That way there'd be half a chance of Wiggo et al getting it the right way up!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    It's to do with whether the Irish or Scots crosses should go on top, isn't it? The original Union Flag didn't have an Irish Cross of St Patrick, it just looked like this:

And then when the Irish CoSP was to be added, by convention it should have gone behind all the other existing symbols, but if it had it would have been completely obscured by the existing, thicker St Andrew's cross. So instead they made half of each quadrant have the St Andrew's cross on top, and the other half the Cross of St Patrick was on top (but you could still see some of the St Andrew's cross behind it), making for a pretty odd design.

Nobody ever seems to notice or mind that there's no Welsh element to the design, though.
    Yep. I do mind theres no Welsh element!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Lets see you think rationally when trying to deal with a large, unwieldy flag when physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted, there are 80,000 people screaming at you, and a horde of photographers in your face.
    Actually, Bradley Wiggins (who is the person that is most definitely is flying the flag upside down and not just the 'right way up but facing backwards') was wearing his medal in the photo posted earlier, so it must have been well after the event. I'm not sure therefore how you can claim exhaustion as the cause in that case.

Still, here's another photo of Wiggo making the exact same mistake, that seems to have been taken nearer to the end of a race:

So I guess he can use that excuse that time.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Lets see you think rationally when trying to deal with a large, unwieldy flag when physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted, there are 80,000 people screaming at you, and a horde of photographers in your face.
    You do if you invented MMA, .Net & the Internet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X