• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dinner served in a giant Yorkshire pudding"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Hehe, the Norpusses have expensive tastes.
    More embarrassing when the clean is told "there might be a few wine corks about the place", only to find that she's quite thorough and she's managed to find a "lot" which have been shunted under sofas. Not nice when your cats show exactly how much you've been drinking over the past year

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Besides the NorPusses demand they have the corks to play with as soon as we crack open a bottle. They come running over as soon as they hear the bottle being opened.

They have developed a preference for champagne corks (the weight makes them more fun to play with).
    Hehe, the Norpusses have expensive tastes.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Dinner in a giant yorkie pud is definitely top Mum material - nice one! Just don't let them see you pi**ed
    I want to know why there aren't any pics!

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Besides the NorPusses demand they have the corks to play with as soon as we crack open a bottle. They come running over as soon as they hear the bottle being opened.

They have developed a preference for champagne corks (the weight makes them more fun to play with).
    It's Kit-Kat wrappers with my cat. I've tried explaining to her that it's just a brand name, and that they're not actually for cats, but she still can't resist chasing around balled-up silver foil and wrappers. The minute she hears the distinctive sound of the foil being ripped, she comes running.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    WSS. I'm sure it says "Must be consumed within two hours of opening" somewhere on the bottle.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    What's the address of the pub?

Yorkshire pud and meaty gravy, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Used to always make too many ( well you can never have too many) puds to go with the beef.
    That was the Farmer's Boy in Shepley. Gone a bit gastro now, vegetables 'n that

Went out for a more traditional meal up there once and brother of Bacchus had Yorkshire Pud with gravy as a starter, beef and Yorkshire Pud for a main, and Yorkshire Pud with jam and custard for a dessert

It's such a versatile food and covers all the major food-groups. Actually you can make them big enough to cover almost anything (I make a huge slab in a baking tray, don't ponce about with the little round ones...)

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Once it is open it has to be drunk!

I can't remember the last time we had wine left over in our house.
    WSS. I'm sure it says "Must be consumed within two hours of opening" somewhere on the bottle.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I here by dub thee an honorary Tyke.

If only there was a way to put the cork back in to save you having to drink the whole bottle once opened
    Once it is open it has to be drunk!

I can't remember the last time we had wine left over in our house.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Today, I am the best mum in the world.

(yes, dinner did call for a slug of wine )
    I here by dub thee an honorary Tyke.

Does such a thing exist?

A book of recipes requiring just a small glass of wine leaving the dilemma of what to do with the remainder of the bottle.

Might make a good plan B. I think I'll call it "Recipes with wine"
    If only there was a way to put the cork back in to save you having to drink the whole bottle once opened

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Does such a thing exist?

A book of recipes requiring just a small glass of wine leaving the dilemma of what to do with the remainder of the bottle.

Might make a good plan B. I think I'll call it "Recipes with wine"
    I think Keith Floyd beat you to it

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    Perfect.

The pub in the village where I was staying last week used to have the following menu

1 Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy
    2 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
    3 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
    Any of the above with meat

Simple stuff done well...
    What's the address of the pub?

Yorkshire pud and meaty gravy, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Used to always make too many ( well you can never have too many) puds to go with the beef.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    One each. To hold all the gravy.
    Perfect.

The pub in the village where I was staying last week used to have the following menu

1 Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy
    2 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
    3 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
    Any of the above with meat

Simple stuff done well...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    One each. To hold all the gravy.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Was it a big Yorkshire pud each, or a giant Yorkshire pud between you? These details are important.

Either way you've made me hungry.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Today, I am the best mum in the world.

(yes, dinner did call for a slug of wine )
    Dinner in a giant yorkie pud is definitely top Mum material - nice one! Just don't let them see you pi**ed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X