• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dinner served in a giant Yorkshire pudding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Today, I am the best mum in the world.

(yes, dinner did call for a slug of wine )
    Dinner in a giant yorkie pud is definitely top Mum material - nice one! Just don't let them see you pi**ed

Comment

Was it a big Yorkshire pud each, or a giant Yorkshire pud between you? These details are important.

Either way you've made me hungry.

Comment

One each. To hold all the gravy.

Comment

One each. To hold all the gravy.
          Perfect.

The pub in the village where I was staying last week used to have the following menu

1 Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy
          2 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
          3 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
          Any of the above with meat

Simple stuff done well...

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
            Perfect.

The pub in the village where I was staying last week used to have the following menu

1 Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy
            2 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
            3 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
            Any of the above with meat

Simple stuff done well...
            What's the address of the pub?

Yorkshire pud and meaty gravy, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Used to always make too many ( well you can never have too many) puds to go with the beef.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Does such a thing exist?

A book of recipes requiring just a small glass of wine leaving the dilemma of what to do with the remainder of the bottle.

Might make a good plan B. I think I'll call it "Recipes with wine"
              I think Keith Floyd beat you to it
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Today, I am the best mum in the world.

(yes, dinner did call for a slug of wine )
                I here by dub thee an honorary Tyke.

Does such a thing exist?

A book of recipes requiring just a small glass of wine leaving the dilemma of what to do with the remainder of the bottle.

Might make a good plan B. I think I'll call it "Recipes with wine"
                If only there was a way to put the cork back in to save you having to drink the whole bottle once opened
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I here by dub thee an honorary Tyke.

If only there was a way to put the cork back in to save you having to drink the whole bottle once opened
                  Once it is open it has to be drunk!

I can't remember the last time we had wine left over in our house.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Once it is open it has to be drunk!

I can't remember the last time we had wine left over in our house.
                    WSS. I'm sure it says "Must be consumed within two hours of opening" somewhere on the bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      What's the address of the pub?

Yorkshire pud and meaty gravy, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Used to always make too many ( well you can never have too many) puds to go with the beef.
                      That was the Farmer's Boy in Shepley. Gone a bit gastro now, vegetables 'n that

Went out for a more traditional meal up there once and brother of Bacchus had Yorkshire Pud with gravy as a starter, beef and Yorkshire Pud for a main, and Yorkshire Pud with jam and custard for a dessert

It's such a versatile food and covers all the major food-groups. Actually you can make them big enough to cover almost anything (I make a huge slab in a baking tray, don't ponce about with the little round ones...)

Comment

Working...
                      X