• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The devil's work

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The devil's work"

Collapse

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Oh dear some of you have just cast eternal judgement on yourselves

Matthew 12:37
    For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Luke 16 19 - 31

The Rich Man and Lazarus
    "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
    "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

To summarise, the message is "Do as we say or you will suffer unbearable pain and torment." How does this differ from terrorism and extortion? What a nasty piece of work your god is.

How much does it take to convince you that we are not interested in your silly fairy tales for the gullible and feeble minded.

BTW, why do Bishops and other church top brass live in luxury, with very expensive houses and big salaries, whilst humble vicars who do the donkeywork live in near poverty? I judge people by their actions, not pathetic wishy washy bolluxy words.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied

Visit the link above (type it you lazy bastards)

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Oh dear some of you have just cast eternal judgement on yourselves

Matthew 12:37
    For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Luke 16 19 - 31

The Rich Man and Lazarus
    "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
    "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    No Monkey let me tell you what will really happen - when Jesus returns we will all bow down and confess that he is Lord!! Then those who are humble and have put their faith and trust in him will enjoy blissful eternal happiness while the hard hearted will face eternal torment and damnation. There will be no feigning of ignorance on Judgement Day.
    Piss off and take your fairy tales with you.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I am putting my faith in last minute conversion. Well actually, seeing as I haven't had a free non missus shag in so long, I may as well convert now.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You're only making it worse for yourself!!

Even if you didn't say Jehovah!!

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    No Monkey let me tell you what will really happen - when Jesus returns we will all bow down and confess that he is Lord!! Then those who are humble and have put their faith and trust in him will enjoy blissful eternal happiness while the hard hearted will face eternal torment and damnation. There will be no feigning of ignorance on Judgement Day.
    I invite Jesus to publically bite my arse.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Oh bollocks, it's too nice out there. Closing the office down early and sunning it down the pub.

Good weekend all!

Scanned by Fleetwood Spellchecker™ v1.0

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Do you Daleks play football? I've seen two teams of cars play, on Top Gear.
    If you recall your Viz, a Dalek turned out for the Rest of the Universe in their cup final match against Fulchester United. It was nutmegged by Brown Fox so I exterminated it at half time.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    No, it's a proles game.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    If Jesus comes back, we'll kill him again.
    And we will get mohamud too!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
    What about those who are cowardly, arrogant and conceited, and call for war and death in the Middle East? What happens to them?
    They get elected President of Iran.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    What about the 99.99% of us that simply carry on working, living, sleeping and ignoring such stuff...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X