• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seen on the back of a van"

Collapse

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    That needs a comma.
    A hyphen or a colon
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 9 June 2006, 07:18.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Nothing to do with vans, but once when I was pretty pissed after a night out with some friends...several beers in Maidenhead I thought it was best time to get a taxi...put my hand out at the traffic light and this car changed lane and stopped next to me at the lights. I jumped in the passenger seat, put the seatbelt on and said to him "To Uxbridge, please"...

He had this very strange look on his face and with a very shaky voice said "Er, I'm not a taxi, mate".

I said "Oh, OK..." and undid my seatbelt, mumbled my apologies and promptly got out.
    I had it the opposite way round. I was in my car on Oxford Street last year and a pissed bloke got in at the lights and said "to Archway please". Now ever the eye for a quick buck I thought I'd take him there. I could have sworn Archway was near Holborn (I was born out of earshot of the bow bells you see), so I drove over to Holborn before I realised my mistake (I was thinking of Kingsway or Aldwych). But I had an appointment so was out of time. I said I had got it wrong and said there would be no charge, and returned a £20 note I had taken as a deposit. He said thanks very much, got out, and was never seen again. He never did realise I wasn't a taxi.
    Last edited by KentPhilip; 8 June 2006, 23:50.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Nothing to do with vans, but once when I was pretty pissed after a night out with some friends...several beers in Maidenhead I thought it was best time to get a taxi...put my hand out at the traffic light and this car changed lane and stopped next to me at the lights. I jumped in the passenger seat, put the seatbelt on and said to him "To Uxbridge, please"...

He had this very strange look on his face and with a very shaky voice said "Er, I'm not a taxi, mate".

I said "Oh, OK..." and undid my seatbelt, mumbled my apologies and promptly got out.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyboy
    I saw this on a british gas van

"Please pass driver on overtime"
    That needs a comma.

Leave a comment:

• monkeyboy
    replied
    I saw this on a british gas van

"Please pass driver on overtime"

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    I saw a really funny scrawl on the back of a van once, had me in fits but I can't remember what it said now. Pretty pointless me posting this up then really.
    Maybe if it were a Showcase Cinemas van ...

No Albatross' are left in this van overnight.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Dont clean me, just plant spuds!

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    A few years back there was a stretch limo that used to park around Clerkenwell advertising lap dancing. I never worked out if the lap dancers were in the limo or not, but what caught my eye was that the car had a disabled badge. Seems like too much w@nking can be bad for you after all.

Leave a comment:

• bennyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    How about...On the back of a seriously customised Van....
    "Don't laugh....Your daughters inside!"
    Or on a seriously customised Van with a woman driving...
    "No this isn't my boyfriends car!"

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    How about...On the back of a seriously customised Van....
    "Don't laugh....Your daughters inside!"

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I saw a really funny scrawl on the back of a van once, had me in fits but I can't remember what it said now. Pretty pointless me posting this up then really.

thanks for reminding me LM , I saw that one as well. Now what was it about again

Leave a comment:

• bennyboy
    replied

Yes!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Originally posted by cab
    Its work safe!!! (had to look)
    Not according to this site's Thought Police

Access Denied (policy_denied)

Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X