• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is Hector Missing A Trick?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Might stop people assuming I am a chav.
    nah U is out bro.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I hope you never work abroad under those rules!
    If I go I would happily renounce my British citizenship. Might stop people assuming I am a chav.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    He never does.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    IMO HMRC should tax British citizens on their global income.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    What about loans?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    High taxes on sportsmen performing in various things is an obstruction to getting events - I think they had problems with Champions League final and it certainly won't help get more of this in the future.

Some reasonable flat rate tax of 10% would be reasonable perhaps - Govt makes money from VAT from associated sales, duties on booze drunk and fuel used to drive, income tax, NI etc on local employed people etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Surely getting your mug on a stamp is a Benefit in Kind, and so should be taxed.
    Only if you copyright your image and charge a penny a stamp for the privilege of using it!

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Surely getting your mug on a stamp is a Benefit in Kind, and so should be taxed.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Is Hector Missing A Trick?

Is Hector Missing A Trick?

BBC News - Who, What, Why: Why are US athletes taxed on Olympic medal wins?

US medal-winning athletes at the Olympics have to pay tax on their prize money - something which is proving controversial in the US. But why are athletes from the US taxed when others are not?
    Boomed!

Although

Money is not awarded by the International Olympic Committee. The decision whether to offer prize money is made by the national Olympic Committees in each individual country, who also set the sum.

UK medal winners get no prize money - but get the honour of appearing on a stamp instead.
    Cheapskates!

Working...
X