• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Friend requests

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Friend requests"

Collapse

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I've never had a friend request

Am I a bigger loser than suity?
    I'd like to say yes, but I don't think that that's possible within the bounds of current scientific thinking

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I've never had a friend request

Am I a bigger loser than suity?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
    And now I've got two friends. I've never been so popular.
    That is nothing! Just wait until you start a thread on sofas......

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Did you charge VAT in the invoice for the finders fee? or was it cash in hand?
    He was such a friendly wee cutie that I'd have paid to look after him.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    It is perfectly OK to act as an individual in such affairs and not involve your LtdCo.

You will find it necessary to register for VAT as a sole trader if pet finding income exceeds the registration threshold though.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    She let herself down on the golf. Golfs not too popular around here
    Best stilk to masturbating and torturing animals.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Speaking of "friends", I made a new one the other day - a wee West Highland terrier called "Coop". I was reversing out of my driveway, when I encountered him looking a bit lost. He was absolutely gorgeous. I gave his owner a phone, and they came and got him. The poor wee thing had travelled miles from home without anyone stopping to make sure he was OK. I want one of my own now!
    I have a relative who did that as a kid. He got separated from his mum when out shopping and was treated to a ride home in a police squad car.

He deliberately got lost the next few times his mum took him shopping...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MadDawg View Post

Only been a member of the forum for five minutes, and I've got a friend request.

What is this? Facebook?

Have rejected it - is this poor form?
    That's mean - I was so hoping you'd accept

Leave a comment:

• MadDawg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    If you insist
    I might nick that for my avatar.

Leave a comment:

• MadDawg
    replied
    And now I've got two friends. I've never been so popular.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Would those miaowing and quacking please stay on topic. This thread is about befriending Dawgs. Thankyou.
    If you insist

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Speaking of "friends", I made a new one the other day - a wee West Highland terrier called "Coop". I was reversing out of my driveway, when I encountered him looking a bit lost. He was absolutely gorgeous. I gave his owner a phone, and they came and got him. The poor wee thing had travelled miles from home without anyone stopping to make sure he was OK. I want one of my own now!

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    LOL! "Coop" was exactly like him, though I did at least manage to avoid running him over.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    She let herself down on the golf. Golfs not too popular around here
    Well done on use of that Shift key, EO. Now we just need to work on apostrophes and not getting confused by mixing up thread topics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X