• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Quitting a contract for the first time in 6 years"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I'm more familiar with Bob, Bobgile and Boberfall.......
    Ah yes, the 'de facto standard' as defined in the Crappability Maturity Model.

And people wonder why software fails so often.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    There are other kinds of testing, but since the rise of the TMap, ISO etc standardisation charlatans, there aren't many projects with good testing.

But yes, and I'm sure you're familiar with Bach, Bolton, Kaner etc.
    I'm more familiar with Bob, Bobgile and Boberfall.......

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Gone. Left yesterday afternoon, am now benched.

I will not be party to a fake testing project.
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Is there really any other kind these days ?
    There are other kinds of testing, but since the rise of the TMap, ISO etc standardisation charlatans, there aren't many projects with good testing.

But yes, and I'm sure you're familiar with Bach, Bolton, Kaner etc.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Is there really any other kind these days ?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Serious, I'm going MORE bloody mental here and it's only my third week.
    FTFY, You always have been a nutter.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied

merlins beard - that was swift.

At least you get to watch Hoy on the track today

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied

Good on you! Better to walk now then have your name against a failed project. That's my take on it any way - Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    So have you chucked the towel in ?
    I've told the agent (who I know quite well); he's talking to the PM now. I will then tell the PM, although I'd already told hinm I waas considering it.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    So have you chucked the towel in ?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    All well and good but if the politics in question is preventing you from doing a job properly then the hassle is simply not worth the money.
    Precisely. I don't mind being asked to deliver less than I can deliver, but I will not knowingly and deliberately deliver crap work, whoever is asking for it.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    First - I have no qualms about being professional and adding as much value as my meagre skills allow.
    BUT Second - I don't care enough to get upset about it - smile, wave and count the money.
    I would never let some twonk hound me out of a contract, if anything I would stay on purpose to annoy them. There are a hundred ways to appear compliant and helpful while undermining the idiot involved.
    All well and good but if the politics in question is preventing you from doing a job properly then the hassle is simply not worth the money.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    First - I have no qualms about being professional and adding as much value as my meagre skills allow.
    BUT Second - I don't care enough to get upset about it - smile, wave and count the money.
    I would never let some twonk hound me out of a contract, if anything I would stay on purpose to annoy them. There are a hundred ways to appear compliant and helpful while undermining the idiot involved.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I never had you down as someone who cared about doing a good job or making a difference, are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?

Believe it or not I actually care about systems being tested properly!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X