• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Euromillions

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Euromillions"

Collapse

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Well I'll be buying my tickets tonight instead of tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    A tax on poor people who can't do maths - Still, pays for lots of good stuff, keep chipping in folks, every little helps...
    I know a number of smart arses who use that line whenever anyone talks about doing the lottery.

Ever considered that it's just a bit of fun? I'm sure there are some dullards that really think they have a chance of winning, but for the rest of us, it's just a bit of fun.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    A tax on poor people who can't do maths - Still, pays for lots of good stuff, keep chipping in folks, every little helps...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Did Thatcher destroy basic math edukation as well as many other things?
    Work out the pot odds. It's worth £10.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Me too
    Me too

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    £8.60
    Me too

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Next jackpot £119 million pounds.

I am buying my tickets today.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Are these net amounts?
    No, that'd be -£1.40. But still £8.60 more than if I'd won nothing which is what I expected.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Are these net amounts?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    £8.60

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Anyone get rich?

Got 3 main numbers, but don't know if that's a win.
    That's a win. About six quid.

I win £14.80

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Anyone get rich?

Got 3 main numbers, but don't know if that's a win.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Of course the solution is to buy the ticket a few days beforehand and beat the last minute rush.

There is a problem with that - your chances of dying before the draw is made are greatly increased as you have to survive for several days compared to several hours.

And if you think it sounds bonkers to be talking about such an unlikely possibility - well it's considerably more likely that a fit and healthy person will die within 24 hours - than win the Euromillions jackpot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X