• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Toll poll

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Toll poll"

Collapse

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    Used to use it when coming back from Telford. Even got a tag so i didnt have to stop and pay, just slow to about 10mph and the barriers flick up.... As long as some numptie hasnt gone in the tag lane without a tag Used to use the A5 in the mornings as there was no one else about.

Makes it easier for expenses too... just attach the monthly invoice to my expenses.

I think they have the charging wrong though. Theres often times id like to use it, but coz i get off the lichfield junction i wont pay to do only half the distance!

Be warned theres a lot of unmarked bacon sandwiches along there. I used to see someone everynight whod been pulled over by a black octavia or a silver passat or a grey 5 series. Apparently the excuse "i thought it was a private road" wont save you getting three points... one of my colleagues tried that.

Leave a comment:

• Scoi
    replied
    If the signs say "toll road clear" it means both are clear and don't pay for saving a few minutes. If there's trouble in Brum then I don't mind paying and a Friday evening trip to the Lakes it's almost always worth it. The crazy thing about it is that it's an anti congestion charge. More likely to pay when I have passengers to spread the cost.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I will always pay money to avoid mixing with plebs

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I use the toll at busy times.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've used the M6 Toll on the few occasions I've travelled that way since it opened, which have been two trips to the Lakes (the only "going somewhere else" holidays I've taken in the last ten years IIRC) and a funeral in Liverpool.

There's no reason to go into central Birmingham unless you have business there. Saving a few bob and losing an hour or so of your life isn't worth it for the sake of seeing the boards they tacked on the side of the flyover through Walsall.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Sorry, thought this was a troll poll

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Would you pay £11 to commute there daily? That's £220 per month, or easily equivalent of needed £5000 salary bonus to keep driving there.

The only real toll that works is over bridges where alternative ways add 100+ miles.
    You're the one complaining about train costs

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Would you pay £11 to commute there daily? That's £220 per month, or easily equivalent of needed £5000 salary bonus to keep driving there.

The only real toll that works is over bridges where alternative ways add 100+ miles.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Never down that way but if I was I'd be paying the toll.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Drove down the M6 today. Paid my £5.50 and sailed through a pleasant traffic free 20 miles or so.
    Do you use the M6 toll like a proper contractor, or queue with the working classes?
    I ask the butler to pay. When I am not in my helicopter.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    started a poll Toll poll

Toll poll

Never driven on the M6
    18.18%
    No
    18.18%
    Only when it's busy
    18.18%
    Yes
    36.36%
    AndyW's mum is driving
    9.09%
    Drove down the M6 today. Paid my £5.50 and sailed through a pleasant traffic free 20 miles or so.
    Do you use the M6 toll like a proper contractor, or queue with the working classes?

Working...
X