• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Holidays

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Holidays"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Just been to Florida.

I guess I should have gone to europe to at least have some advantage out of the weak euro which is continually eroding my already poor sterling-equivalent day rate.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Contract up in September so was planning on taking a few weeks out to do something a little more adventurous. Went to Senegal & Mauritania back in the 90s & have always fancied going to Mali to see Dogon country & those mosques built out of mud in Mopti.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

We'll be going back asap.
    Yep, before Fidel pops his clogs and the Yanks get in on the act.

Would love to go back myself but we've already planned next years holiday and I don't think Fidel will hang round just to wait for me.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Was it your first time in Cuba Pondy? It's fab isn't it? Where did you stay?

We're having a week at home (Ireland) and then a couple of weeks at the end of the Summer in Lanzarote. .Can't wait. Going to Ireland is great but it's not a holiday
    Yup.

Mostly stayed on Cayo Largo - an excellent chav free environment, well it was until we turned up. Then a couple of days at the Park Central in Havana.

We'll be going back asap.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    That's the main reason we're going home now. Wedding on Friday. My head hurts already
    Shouldnt you be off to one of those club holidays where you can put the sprog and spod into a creche and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet?

Leave a comment:

• farout117
    replied
    sunny Malta for me

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Liamxtype View Post
    Got a family wedding in Ireland at the end of August, dreading it!
    Get down to the boxing ring and get some practice in

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Liamxtype View Post
    That's the main reason we're going home now. Wedding on Friday. My head hurts already

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Still not booked anywhere. Still flat out on new gig, struggling to get deliverables in and feel I need to get at least some of these done before fecking off on holidays. Now packed the missus and kids off at the end of the week to the inlaws for a week. Maybe then I'll get some traction and get some stuff finished.

On the plus side the coin is rolling in.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    We already spent 2 weeks in Croatia around Easter

We now have 1 week hiking in the French Alps starting this Saturday followed directly by 10 days in a villa on the Italian lake of Iseo.

Singapore or South Africa for 10 days in October, can't decide yet.

Snowboarding holiday for xmas/new year if I ever get round to booking something although it's getting pretty late now.

Leave a comment:

• Liamxtype
    replied
    We're having a week at home (Ireland) and then a couple of weeks at the end of the Summer in Lanzarote. .Can't wait. Going to Ireland is great but it's not a holiday

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Did a fortnight in Cuba for diving in May. Off to Boston in Nov (if I remember to book flights ).
    Was it your first time in Cuba Pondy? It's fab isn't it? Where did you stay?

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Motorhome to house in Poitou-Charentes for two weeks, then off touring Europe for 4 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Did a fortnight in Cuba for diving in May. Off to Boston in Nov (if I remember to book flights ).

Leave a comment:

• farout117
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Heading to South Africa in November, which will be news to my new client
    he should already be aware, you're already packed anyways

Leave a comment:

Working...
X