• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tony Blair: hanging bankers won't help"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Ken Loach that renowned objective documentary maker.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Vetran ->

I think we concur in a funny kind of way, my underlying opinion is that our politicians are inept - it doesn't matter whos in, they seem to feel a need to act in an "black and white" way, so if they make a left wing decision they all must be.

Due to this, no matter who's in control, something gets destroyed.

What worries me is the people who think in black and white, just like the politicians.
    I'll meet you half way you unreformed leftist,

signed a Tory boy

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Shove it.. you nutter. That post is almost entirely unrelated to mine and full of rhetoric and nasty little insults, par for the course for you.
    There is no logic to how you argue. You come up with cliches that reflect the bigotry and stupidity of Jo public

Example:

"I don't vote Labour, but sheesh I'm getting tired of this tory propoganda of "Its not our fault"... YES ... it is... No one remembers the "Loadsamoney 80's" and the massive recession that came then.

What on Earth does this mean?
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 24 July 2012, 11:06.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    people like you are too stupid to see it.
    Shove it.. you nutter. That post is almost entirely unrelated to mine and full of rhetoric and nasty little insults, par for the course for you.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Vetran ->

I think we concur in a funny kind of way, my underlying opinion is that our politicians are inept - it doesn't matter whos in, they seem to feel a need to act in an "black and white" way, so if they make a left wing decision they all must be.

Due to this, no matter who's in control, something gets destroyed.

What worries me is the people who think in black and white, just like the politicians.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Give it a break.

the "state of bancrtptchy" was due to buying into the whole Financial Services as your main focus of the economy and the sub prime US market and the knock on effect it had.

I don't vote Labour, but sheesh I'm getting tired of this tory propoganda of "Its not our fault"... YES ... it is... No one remembers the "Loadsamoney 80's" and the massive recession that came then.

In my view, it appears all politicians are the same, serving the campaign funders, rather than the public.
    So are you saying then that people should not have been given the freedom to make money and that financial services should have been run by the government?
    So let me get this right. We in Britain should never have been given the freedom to run our own finances in the first place (Tories fault) this is like saying if you dont want any accidents to happen stay indoors.
    Secondly that the financial crash was not the fault of the labour govt? So this begs the question what on earth are they there for? did they not see the signs by looking at history? or was gordon brown absolutely correct to say that there would be no more boom and bust? I had bankers saying to me back in 2006 that the financial markets were about to fall apart so why didnt labour see what was about to happen?
    Why did labour go against basic disciplines of economics and not put money aside when times were good?

There is a world of difference between Tories and labour and people like you are too stupid to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    New lie removed the restrictions the tories put in and they didn't keep the worst excesses under control. They also maxed out the cards, emptied the piggy banks and remortgaged the house at 30% 30 year term via PFI.

Was that the recession caused by the downfall of industry? Oh that was Maggie's fault wasn't it? Nothing to do with Red Robbo or Arfur 'I have a new house' Scargill?

do agree with last part.
    A 2002 BBC documentary series by Peter Taylor revealed that in the late 1970s MI5 had been attempting to undermine Robinson through an agent they had placed amongst his union officials; Edwardes stated that he had been "privileged to read minutes of meetings of the [...] joint committee of the Communist Party and our shop stewards", which had been passed to him via the Government

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_R...trade_unionist)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Give it a break.

the "state of bancrtptchy" was due to buying into the whole Financial Services as your main focus of the economy and the sub prime US market and the knock on effect it had.

I don't vote Labour, but sheesh I'm getting tired of this tory propoganda of "Its not our fault"... YES ... it is... No one remembers the "Loadsamoney 80's" and the massive recession that came then.

In my view, it appears all politicians are the same, serving the campaign funders, rather than the public.
    New lie removed the restrictions the tories put in and they didn't keep the worst excesses under control. They also maxed out the cards, emptied the piggy banks and remortgaged the house at 30% 30 year term via PFI.

Was that the recession caused by the downfall of industry? Oh that was Maggie's fault wasn't it? Nothing to do with Red Robbo or Arfur 'I have a new house' Scargill?

do agree with last part.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    The fact that if they gear everything towards those with a sense of entitlement and forget about those who contribute which is partially why the country is a shadow of it's former self
    Nail. On. Head. And can someone rep Brillo too.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    How on earth can you either say that the tories would have done the same when they have not done it before. It is a meaningless cop out to say that. Look at history. It is in the DNA of the Tory party to run finances correctly. it is not in their DNA to borrow and spend. OK they make bad decisions but they have not left the country in a state of bancruptcy as labour have - twice.
    Give it a break.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice.
    And much more common!

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    What has that got to do with running the economy?
    The fact that if they gear everything towards those with a sense of entitlement and forget about those who contribute which is partially why the country is a shadow of it's former self

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Or like other Labour governments will try to extort it from the middle and upper classes, in the UK if your single, female and have children then your laughing as everything is geared towards you.
    What has that got to do with running the economy?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I don't believe the Tories would have done any different. All Cameron cares about is vote winning - not about being right. Thatcher's inheritance was p1ssed away by Major. Who came up with the fuel price escalator? Who reduced ACT thus making pensions less attractive and taking us from the best pension position in Europe to one of the worst?
    How on earth can you either say that the tories would have done the same when they have not done it before. It is a meaningless cop out to say that. Look at history. It is in the DNA of the Tory party to run finances correctly. it is not in their DNA to borrow and spend. OK they make bad decisions but they have not left the country in a state of bancruptcy as labour have - twice.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    But what if we hang Tony B Liar?
    That would help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X