• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Taking a cup of tea into the traps"

Collapse

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

And sorry, but I have to say this one: In Laos, many years ago, I was eating in a restaurant, needed a #2, and walked outside, squatted, and did the honours, only to find I was doing the honours over an area frequented by pigs and chickens. I'd just eaten, pigs and chicken...

When the baseline is set so low..........
    I had a similar experience in Honkers. I went into one of the "hole in the floor" loos where you squat to sh1t. As I walked in and rounded the corner into the toilet area, I was confronted by the straining face of a chinese bloke with a fag hanging out of his mouth having a sh1t. It was the chef from the restaurant I had eaten in shortly before.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    In all fairness to the bobs amongst you guys, their baseline on cleanliness is an awful lot lower than ours. Travel on a train in India and you'll see why in some traps there is tulip everywhere.

Backpacking around Turkey once, my first ever visit to a loo, in a truck stop, I found a hole in the ground, a nice hole, with lots of nice tiles, and a tap and hose pipe. That's it. The idea was have your tulip, wipes most of the detritus away with your hands, then wash hands and the area in question. No soap, no towels. However, this was still a veritable palace compared to some in India I have used.

And sorry, but I have to say this one: In Laos, many years ago, I was eating in a restaurant, needed a #2, and walked outside, squatted, and did the honours, only to find I was doing the honours over an area frequented by pigs and chickens. I'd just eaten, pigs and chicken...

When the baseline is set so low..........

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Surely you should wash your hands before peeing! Just think, you've been touching stuff, i.e. a filthy keyboard, all day, you've opened the door to the toilets and god knows who's been touching the door handle before you and what they've been touching and now you're about to put your filthy contaminated fingers on your little precious...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Well that's better than tulipting standing up.
    Not if someone is standing up tulipting on you while you sit down to piss.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Probably because you piss sitting down.....
    Well that's better than tulipting standing up.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    No. Me the same. I dont pee on my hands.....
    Probably because you piss sitting down.....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    I always have a sprinkle of my fingers under the tap after a number 1. No soap needed. Reasoning being that if it was only liquid wot went onto them, you only need liquid to rinse it off.. Am I a dirty bastard?
    No. Me the same. I dont pee on my hands.....

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I had an Aussie boss a few years back. Once in the pub after work, my seal had broke so off I went to the loo, as I went in, he came out of the traps and walked towards me, seeing me, turned around went to the sinks and washed his hands. When I'd finished, and went back in the pub, he said something about how odd men are, only washing their hand when they see someone.

For me, if I am having a pee, can see the urinal is clean, my penis hasn't touched it and know there's no backsplash, there isn't a need to wash, but I do have a little rinse.

Sometimes, I will tear some toilet roll off, wet it, and give the seat a wipe, if it looks like some drunk has been there.

I used to work with a bloke who couldn't go anywhere but his own toilet. He'd hold it in all day. Very odd behaviour if you ask me. But said when he was a kid, he'd think nothing of driving home in the middle of the day, night out, no matter where he was to have a #2

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Why is liquid going on them in the first place?
    Well sometimes I have to use the back of the hand as a shield against soaking of the trousers, on those "wonky nozzle" days

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    A good question.

I get up in the morning, have a shower and wash my knob, if I have a piss and all I touch is my knob then there is no reason to think I have dirty fingers, unless I touch one of those filthy taps in the loos.

Obviously having a massive dump is a different ball game and requires that I scrub up like a doctor.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I always have a sprinkle of my fingers under the tap after a number 1. No soap needed. Reasoning being that if it was only liquid wot went onto them, you only need liquid to rinse it off.. Am I a dirty bastard?

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    did you leave the door open as well so you could hear the radio?
    HELL NO!! That's disgusting!!!!

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Always wash when someone has seen you use the toilet. No need to when there are no witnesses.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    I had a #2 the other day, whilst eating egg & toast + drinking a cup of tea for my breakfast. It was at home though so that's ok.
    did you leave the door open as well so you could hear the radio?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X