• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Santander reneges on promise to offer free banking for life to business customers"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    Nope.
    Then why are you asking bank who'll hold your money safe and enable you to actually get the money you've earned?

Let's say your Ltd bills £3000 per month and pays bank £7.50 for banking services, that's 0.25% of turnover or fook all.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    When you get paid do your clients ask what you'll use their money for and then decide how much to pay?
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    All depends what they are using my company's money for.
    When you get paid do your clients ask what you'll use their money for and then decide how much to pay?

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Any free business accounts these days? Or at least paid for ones where you get something for your money?
    HSBC Direct Account. (< £500K turnover).

Stick to online transactions (and a very low much of cash/cheque transactions, check the detail) and it remains FREE. No monthly charge either.

Despite what others may say, LloydsTSB's business accounts are NOT free! (they charge £5/mth after any honeymoon period)

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I think some amount paid just to maintain your bank account (even if no transactions take place) is reasonable, if £7.50 a month paid for business banking is a deal breaker then you don't have a business in the first place.

Banks need to earn money too and I much prefer them charge for services they provide rather than stinging same business with massive overdraft penalties or selling them tulip products like derivatives.
    £7.50/mth deal breaker? Maybe, maybe not.

All depends what they are using my company's money for. If, for example, they were lending out my thousands of £££ to other people/businesses and earning £x/mth AND charging me for their privileges, then can take a running jump.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Yep, they sure are. All Santander accounts have been moved onto their Partenon platform so CA will likely be affected.

Doesnt affect me as Im on free banking via the FSB Co Op account (tulipe GUI I must admit). Even so, they havent claimed 'free for life' but even if they did, I wouldnt expect free business banking for 40 odd years.
    Bugger. Might be finding a new one here then since I'm with CA.

Must admit didnt realise they were Santander at first. Until that is one of credits mysteriously disappeared without trace and then it became obvious that Santander uselessness was at work here.

Any free business accounts these days? Or at least paid for ones where you get something for your money?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I wonder what this means to the Carter Allen accounts, aren't they part of Santander?
    Yep, they sure are. All Santander accounts have been moved onto their Partenon platform so CA will likely be affected.

Doesnt affect me as Im on free banking via the FSB Co Op account (tulipe GUI I must admit). Even so, they havent claimed 'free for life' but even if they did, I wouldnt expect free business banking for 40 odd years.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    just looked online at the terms for business banking with alliance and they say its still free

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I wonder what this means to the Carter Allen accounts, aren't they part of Santander?
    Whew! Thankfully I'm with Cater Allen then....

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo..

I've loved my fee free banking

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied
    They have however just gone head to head with hsbc and also launched some new mortgage rates including a 2.99% 5 year fixed. Their underwriting criteria tends to be a little more leniant as well.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I've not had any notification from alliance and leicester/santander about the charges. When I do I will look at moving the account.
    I did the same with my mobile phone account with orange - they sent a letter about business tariff increase so I switch to a lower sim only deal paying £7.50/month for 12 months.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    lloyds charged £7 a month so its not bad.

However I suspect this is a response to being told that they can't hold onto money for 7 days 'while processing' which plus transaction charges to the vendor was what funded free accounts.

Now they have to clear the money immediately, vendors are using paypal etc they are now seeing their profits fall.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    That'll be the end of my santander business account then. They are so friggin useless that theres no way in hell I'm going to pay for their uselessness....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X