• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bad day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bad day"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Holy tulip! Glad you are OK....
    WSH. Otherwise we'd never of heard of it again and again.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Holy shit:! Glad you are OK....

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    On second thoughts, get totally c**ted to celebrate

I know I would
    And once you were finished Mich would too.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    tulip, man. Have a little drink to celebrate life tonight.
    On second thoughts, get totally c**ted to celebrate

I know I would

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Estimator just called me. Said he can't believe I walked. Apparently to call the car a write off is something of an understatement. Twisted chassis legs, folded panels, boot collapsed etc etc.

He also said non of the safety devices deployed. No airbags, exploding bolts on seatbelts. Nada.

He kept on saying how lucky I was. And I mean kept on. I had to ask him to pack it in, in the end.

Feel quite tearful now.
    tulip, man. Have a little drink to celebrate life tonight.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Nevermind courtesy car, be grateful you walked alive!
    Estimator just called me. Said he can't believe I walked. Apparently to call the car a write off is something of an understatement. Twisted chassis legs, folded panels, boot collapsed etc etc.

He also said non of the safety devices deployed. No airbags, exploding bolts on seatbelts. Nada.

He kept on saying how lucky I was. And I mean kept on. I had to ask him to pack it in, in the end.

Feel quite tearful now.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    I've not slept properly in four years!
    Try some melatonin. Or condoms if its child related.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    FTFY

But in some cases it's very easy to spot
    I've not slept properly in four years!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Brain damage can often be hard to spot.
    FTFY

But in some cases it's very easy to spot

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Where there's blame, there's a claim. Doesn't come much clearer than someone driving into the back of you.
    I suspect considerable soft tissue damage.....
    Brain damage can be hard to spot.

We must be alert for early signs of poorly defined requirements, followed by disengaged stakeholders, and then inevitable project failure.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Where there's blame, there's a claim. Doesn't come much clearer than someone driving into the back of you.
    Yep claim for regular trips to Mrs Wong's massage emporium.

If its not driveable (Drivers decision, in absence of a professional supplied by insurance company opinion) its awaiting repair. they are taking the mick.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Also glad you're ok

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    they will do any whiplash claim should it be required.
    I'm sure it will be required. Everyone is at it these days so why not join in and collect the free money? I believe £5k is about the amount that they don't query because it's cheaper for them to settle than to contest (so I heard on R4 IIRC).

Ouch, my neck

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Glad to hear you are ok

Get an accident management firm involved: they will sort you out a hire car & bill the other driver’s insurance (as it’s his fault) & they will do any whiplash claim should it be required.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Look on the positive side, you could be stuck in a conference hall with a bunch of 'whoop whoop awesome, you're a rock star' American salespeople. The motivational speaker at yesterdays bash was so motivational I walked out and went to the bar.
    Look at the positive side, they're stuck in the room and can't escape to the bar because there's a **** in there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X