• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cojak is not fit to be a mod"

Collapse

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I thought you were going to piss off and start your own forum where mods cannot restrict your freedom of expression?
    No, you should reread what I said.

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You have to understand that EscapeUK is a blowhard
    HTH.
    Was it worth interrupting your thesis to post that? Of course the thesis is just another figment of your imagination, but try and be a little consistent.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I thought you were going to piss off and start your own forum where mods cannot restrict your freedom of expression?
    You have to understand that EscapeUK is a blowhard
    HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Good old days eh? Part of the reason our society is in the state it is, is that no one feels comfortable discussing issues of race and immigration without being branded a racist. So forgive me if I prefer freedom of speech rather than destruction of society via political correctness.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Good old days eh? Part of the reason our society is in the state it is, is that no one feels comfortable discussing issues of race and immigration without being branded a racist. So forgive me if I prefer freedom of speech rather than destruction of society via political correctness.
    You can't have both? There are socially acceptable places where you can rant away on any subject you want without moderation, you agree to join a forum and agree to the rules of that forum, there are some forums where racism and intollerence are not only accepted but encouraged but the reputation of those site are a lot lower than here.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    the last time this or another IT forum (can't remember which one it was now) went without a mod as i remember it turned into constant racist hatred. must of been in 03 or 04

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    That would be preferable to me sat here thinking if I say what I really think, Ill upset someone who thinks she is running a dictatorship rather than a community forum for the good of the community.
    the last time this or another IT forum (can't remember which one it was now) went without a mod as i remember it turned into constant racist hatred. must of been in 03 or 04

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Hmm!

If I'm ever made a mod..............

Well, Let's just say I have a list
    Good job it's in crayon and you can't read.

Night night all.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Hmm!

If I'm ever made a mod..............

Well, Let's just say I have a list

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    THE REIGN OF MOD TERROR BEGINS IN LESS THAN 5 HOURS!

Consider yourself warned...
    I can't see any reign nor terror around here.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    My first modem was 14.4Kb/s and cost around 100 quid. That was one of the first ones I found which weren't an arm and a leg.

I think it was only so cheap because, ahem, it didn't have BT certification, but I didn't care because they were about to relax the rules.. That was early 1995.
    First got online back in the 80's (PC at home not uni or work stuff). Setup my own BBS and used it to share software with friends, phone bills were a bitch.

My first 14.4 modem cost me 400 quid and was the size of an A4 scanner.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    2,400 bit/s was a revolution for me when I could finally afford the hardware although I rarely got that speed. Ah, the old BBS world...
    My first modem was 14.4Kb/s and cost around 100 quid. That was one of the first ones I found which weren't an arm and a leg.

I think it was only so cheap because, ahem, it didn't have BT certification, but I didn't care because they were about to relax the rules.. That was early 1995.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Scotspine was a twunt.
    I remember when he flounced, during the first London meet I attended and RH broke the news. Stunned silence for a couple of seconds then we carried on partying.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Scotspine was the man. You're all Woodcraft Folk to his Waffen SS.
    Scotspine was a twunt.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    It was too. These Johnny-come-latelies don't know they're born. I used to have to walk outside to get my generator going back in the day so I could get my old 56.6k internet connection going, five miles there and back, uphill in both directions.
    2,400 bit/s was a revolution for me when I could finally afford the hardware although I rarely got that speed. Ah, the old BBS world...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I dont understand it tbh.
    I am a gobsh!te, but I don't want anyone to know
    are you still here ? not escaped yet then ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X