• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Battery packed up

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Battery packed up"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Before I sat my a levels I replaced my trusty Casio fx 350 with a later model. The old calculator was in a bit of a state, bent out of shape and battered. In a free period I took it to bits and transposed the 1 and 3, 4 and 6 and 7 and 9 buttons. It looked essentially the same, but was impossible to use. On the day of my exam, one of my mates had left his calculator at home. He had no other choice but to sit his maths A level using my spare. I'd like to think that he would have failed it anyway without my help.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I can't use these new fangled calculators coz the operating method has changed so much, I keep getting "E" for error all the time.
    Which reminds me of another bug bear in changing calculators. Whether it's Reverse Polish, prefix/postyfix or whatever term they use for the order you type symbols. On my trusty old calculator, if I want a reciprocal of a number for example, I type the number followed by the reciprocal function key, whereas with my newer ones the keying order is reversed and I often screw up, and reach for my trusty old Casio.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I have a smiths scientific calculator I bought over 20 years ago.it's still going strong but has had several battery changes.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I have a smiths scientific calculator I bought over 20 years ago.it's still going strong but has had several battery changes.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    My abacus has never run out of batteries.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Are you the cheapest man on CUK?

Propert contractors on here send their butlers to Harrods.
    Only because their search engine identified it as Poundland.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    No way!!! I would never go to The Pound Shop unless they didn't have it at the 99p Store!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I like that calculator, nice scientific functions and Min & MR keys for memory, rather than the multitude of buttons you have to press on more modern calculators.
    You mean a PC?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That's like a Scotsman calling Scrooge tight.
    Don't you have some sledges to sell in your shop?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

That's like a Scotsman calling Scrooge tight.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

I think the polite adjective is "thrifty".

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Got a pack of 30 batteries of all shapes and sizes from Poundland for you can guess how much. Luckily the battery size still exists.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    started a topic Battery packed up

Battery packed up

on my trusty Casio FX-570C. It only last about about 20 years.

I like that calculator, nice scientific functions and Min & MR keys for memory, rather than the multitude of buttons you have to press on more modern calculators.

Got a pack of 30 batteries of all shapes and sizes from Poundland for you can guess how much. Luckily the battery size still exists.

Working...
X