• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Germany-Italy

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Germany-Italy"

Collapse

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Now why would you say that?
    To cut through the analysis old chap.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Now why would you say that? Nobody thought England would win it, least of all me, but their organisation and defence were very good, possibly the best there. I was just pointing out, from the evidence of four games, why they went out. Penalties notwithstanding.

Although if England could take them, you know that they would have been playing the Germans last night in the semi-final.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    England's problem is they aren't very good.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    As I said to my German mates, England were far more tactically aware than Germany.
    I think there's some truth in that. England's problem wasn't to do with the way they set up, it was the way they kept needlessly giving the ball away.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    They played an attacking game too far up the pitch which left them exposed to a counter attack at the back, they'll never learn.
    As I said to my German mates, England were far more tactically aware than Germany.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    So far I haven't had to say much. We've had a disection of what went wrong.
    They played an attacking game too far up the pitch which left them exposed to a counter attack at the back, they'll never learn.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Hit him with "48 hours extra rest and not playing 120 minutes in their previous game".
    So far I haven't had to say much. We've had a disection of what went wrong.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Italian Newspapers "Il Giornale" and "Libero", owned by robber baron Silvio Bunga Bunga, launch abusive personal attack On Angela Merkal after Euro defeat:

Culona= fat ar*e
    vaffanmerkel = fu** o** Merkel

Last edited by petergriffin; 29 June 2012, 12:01. Reason: not telling ya

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Did Mark Lawrencen really say at one point in the commentary "The Germans really need to step on the gas" I guess at least it wasn't during the Poland game
    Gianluca Vialli also compared the German team to a tank. I thought that was a little inappropriate

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Hubris

What is it about Germans and hubris? Do they never learn?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Did Mark Lawrencen really say at one point in the commentary "The Germans really need to step on the gas" I guess at least it wasn't during the Poland game

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    So far, the pitch was awful and there was a bloke at the back playing out of position.
    Hit him with "48 hours extra rest and not playing 120 minutes in their previous game".

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    He'll be in the office soon. I think I'll greet him with "For you Fritz... the tournament is over."

I wonder what the excuse will be? He dreams up plenty for the euro crisis.
    So far, the pitch was awful and there was a bloke at the back playing out of position.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Did have to console an awful of German girlies and celebrate with Italian ones, so it wasn't all bad
    That's a new collective noun added to my list.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X