• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blair 2: Would you vote for him again?"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    I see it differently - we are paying for the billions paid to prop up the Banks which should have been left to fail - following the principle that we can trust Market Forces.

I have NEVER voted Labour and probably wont ever in the future either... That said, no one else would have invested so heavily in education, bringing us up to speed with the leaders in the field.

Interactive Whiteboards, computers and structural repairs in ALL Classrooms needed paying for - Northern Rock , RBS etc did not.
    Another cliche about "market forces and free capitalism"

It is the market forces that give society the semblance of order that exists. No other system gives this. Market forces combined with the right regulation ensure that people do not spend or borrow too much. they ensure efficiencies through competition and they make "self interest" work for the benefit of all (though not quite in practice).

The only other systems available are by use of force or through trust. The former kills everything and the latter is found wanting beyond hope.

There are indeed problems with market forces and the challenges are how you introduce their positive dynamics for the overall benefit of everyone. This is what the debate should be about , not stupid throw away "catch emotions" lines about "trusting market forces"

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Doesn't mean their plans worked out exactly as they had hoped. But with the recent Arab spring and revolutions (Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen) their plan is back on.

Laugh all you want, I am quite well versed in this area of politics so you will end up laughing at yourself.
    You're quite a doosy mate, as you seem well versed if feckin everything...

Egypt hasn't had a revolution, the Army got mubarak out, and now they are in. Yemen? Yemen? WTF?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    should he ? no

could he ? it's making my skin crawl just thinking about it.

and the biatch with the gob

what a sh1te week, first the spice girls then this

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Could he become PM again or is it pure fantasy island?

Tony Blair: I would be prime minister again
    NO.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Yes, the years of waste.

That we're now paying for. Or will be.
    I see it differently - we are paying for the billions paid to prop up the Banks which should have been left to fail - following the principle that we can trust Market Forces.

I have NEVER voted Labour and probably wont ever in the future either... That said, no one else would have invested so heavily in education, bringing us up to speed with the leaders in the field.

Interactive Whiteboards, computers and structural repairs in ALL Classrooms needed paying for - Northern Rock , RBS etc did not.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Draw a graph with contracting rates on one axis and the years on another then write who was prime minister in each year. I'm sure during Blair's time the rates were highest, get him back in!
    Yes, the years of waste.

That we're now paying for. Or will be.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Draw a graph with contracting rates on one axis and the years on another then write who was prime minister in each year. I'm sure during Blair's time the rates were highest, get him back in!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

How exactly being bogged down in Afghanistan/Iraq helps their supposed "ultimate aim"?
    Doesn't mean their plans worked out exactly as they had hoped. But with the recent Arab spring and revolutions (Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen) their plan is back on.

Laugh all you want, I am quite well versed in this area of politics so you will end up laughing at yourself.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Absolutely. The whole Afghanistan/Iraq thing was just a prelude to their ultimate aim - take out Syria and block off the Lebanese Resistance defending their land and allow Israel to reign free reaping destruction wherever and whenever it wants.

How exactly being bogged down in Afghanistan/Iraq helps their supposed "ultimate aim"?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    He has his eyes on Syria
    Absolutely. The whole Afghanistan/Iraq thing was just a prelude to their ultimate aim - take out Syria and block off the Lebanese Resistance defending their land and allow Israel to reign free reaping destruction wherever and whenever it wants.

Oh and that leads to Iran - their ultimate target.
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 27 June 2012, 14:43.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I reckon he'd walk it - as much as I hate him. Never underestimate the stupidity of the British electorate!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    He has his eyes on Syria

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Sad to say but if he does decide to run again, he will become PM.

He has the extremely lucky position of being able to say 'It was all Gordon, he was Chancer of the Exchq and he messed up all the good that I did'

People will believe him and the Labour Party itself is collectively weak and would snap at the chance of him becoming leader again.
    Still, Cameron is Blair Lite. Never thought it possible.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Sad to say but if he does decide to run again, he will become PM.

He has the extremely lucky position of being able to say 'It was all Gordon, he was Chancer of the Exchq and he messed up all the good that I did'

People will believe him and the Labour Party itself is collectively weak and would snap at the chance of him becoming leader again.
    Nah, someone will have assassinated "Miranda" before he is re-crowned.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I did vote for Blair to be tried for war crimes but nobody counted

Leave a comment:

Working...
X