• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Worrava missed?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Worrava missed?"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    They were no longer heads of state at the time of their arrest so unless we become a republic sharpish Liz is in the clear
    Doenitz was.

I agree she is in the clear and in reality I wouldn't be in favour of prosecution of her personally as her position is symbolic. Would rather get Blair.

But she is in NI in her symbolic role not personally, so the handshake is problematic on both sides. But best get on with it.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Like Doenitz, Milosevic and Taylor?
    They were no longer heads of state at the time of their arrest so unless we become a republic sharpish Liz is in the clear

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    But then again as a head of state she has immunity from prosecution
    Like Doenitz, Milosevic and Taylor?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Although there is an argument that as commander-in-chief of the British army at the time of the Iraq invasion, HM is, by the standards of the Nuremberg trials, a category 1 war criminal, guilty of the crime of aggression, a hanging offence.

Then again, perhaps best to move on and shake hands, unless of course you are a young Iraqi who lacks the requisite body parts.
    But then again as a head of state she has immunity from prosecution

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Although there is an argument that as commander-in-chief of the British army at the time of the Iraq invasion, HM is, by the standards of the Nuremberg trials, a category 1 war criminal, guilty of the crime of aggression, a hanging offence.

Then again, perhaps best to move on and shake hands, unless of course you are a young Iraqi who lacks the requisite body parts.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Hello all

Don't worry, I haven't gone for ever. What have I missed, anything exciting?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    £5 burning a hole in my pocket
    FTFY. Your local Subway might be doing a special footlong for £5 deal. Or in your units, a 3 foot long.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I've been thrown on the emotional scrapheap, and now sitting around lonely, with £500K burning a hole in my pocket. Apart from going down the gym to pump my muscular body, send in large invoices and sit mensa exams, what's a good looking single bloke to do?

I'd turn gay for £500,000.
    But then the missus would divorce me and I would be on the emotional scrapheap

....er

hang on a minute

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Wouldn't that be too much of a disappointment?
    Which is why I prefer the virtual world where I don't have to face the truth. I can come onto cuk and be witty, popular and erudite and get lots of kind comments from everyone.

Hang on.....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I've been thrown on the emotional scrapheap, and now sitting around lonely, with £500K burning a hole in my pocket. Apart from going down the gym to pump my muscular body, send in large invoices and sit mensa exams, what's a good looking single bloke to do?

Wake up and embrace reality?!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Queen shakes hand with murdering bastard

BBC News - Queen and Martin McGuinness shake hands

Headline is wrong on here.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What's a bloke to do? You could start by waking up.
    Wouldn't that be too much of a disappointment?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

What's a bloke to do? You could start by waking up.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Hello all

Don't worry, I haven't gone for ever. What have I missed, anything exciting?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X