• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A large weight has been added"

Collapse

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Is that anything like a wank sandwich?
    That'd be a shuffled pork sandwich.

Pulled pork is like a BDSM sandwich.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Smaller buns, more meat and no salty after taste

HTH

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

They also do an amazing pulled pork sandwich

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I make my own pizzas now. The final straw came as the cost of the pizza bases alone approached £1 at Sainbury's. Feeble little things they are too. Had I known how cheap pizzas were to buy at Aldi, I may not have invested the time spent learning how to make them myself, but it's actually relatively quick and easy:
    • A bag of bread making flour @~50 pence/kg. A 1kg bag is enough to make five 200g pizza bases. 10p.
    • A packet of sliced German salami from Adli, these are sliced into squares for the pizza topping. A 99p packet provides enough to make about 10 toppings. 10p
    • Cheese. Cheese is around £5/kg if you avoid mainstream supermarkets (not sure about this though, I do know it's bleeding expensive) and the most expensive ingredient since I use far more cheese than you'd get on a supermarket or pizzerier pizza. £variable based on taste.
    • Tomatotes, sliced then squared. A £1 bag provides 6 tomatoes, enough for 6 pizzas. 16p
    • Onion. These go quite a long way and am not sure of the cost. Say 10p

Method:
    • Add 115g of warm water to 200g bread flour after having mixed the flour with 1/3 teaspoon of yeast, sugar and salt
    • Kneed for a minute or two. This base-making stage takes 10 minutes all told. Leave to rise for a while, say 30 minutes
    • Add topping ingredients
    • Cook for 10 minutes. At a power setting of say 1kW will cost 1/6 of a kWh at whatever the going price is per kWh. Say 10p

Total time spent preparing: about 20 minutes, though this can be cut if multiple pizza bases are made simultaneously.
    Total cost: about 50p + cheese cost.

It takes me longer than that to walk to the shops to buy a horrendously overpriced, cheese deficient thing coated with a veneer of red looking and vomit tasting stuff that has never set eyes on a tomato and was probably made with a chemistry set.

HTH
    you are benched right?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I make my own pizzas now. The final straw came as the cost of the pizza bases alone approached £1 at Sainbury's. Feeble little things they are too. Had I known how cheap pizzas were to buy at Aldi, I may not have invested the time spent learning how to make them myself, but it's actually relatively quick and easy:
    • A bag of bread making flour @~50 pence/kg. A 1kg bag is enough to make five 200g pizza bases. 10p.
    • A packet of sliced German salami from Adli, these are sliced into squares for the pizza topping. A 99p packet provides enough to make about 10 toppings. 10p
    • Cheese. Cheese is around £5/kg if you avoid mainstream supermarkets (not sure about this though, I do know it's bleeding expensive) and the most expensive ingredient since I use far more cheese than you'd get on a supermarket or pizzerier pizza. £variable based on taste.
    • Tomatotes, sliced then squared. A £1 bag provides 6 tomatoes, enough for 6 pizzas. 16p
    • Onion. These go quite a long way and am not sure of the cost. Say 10p

Method:
    • Add 115g of warm water to 200g bread flour after having mixed the flour with 1/3 teaspoon of yeast, sugar and salt
    • Kneed for a minute or two. This base-making stage takes 10 minutes all told. Leave to rise for a while, say 30 minutes
    • Add topping ingredients
    • Cook for 10 minutes. At a power setting of say 1kW will cost 1/6 of a kWh at whatever the going price is per kWh. Say 10p

Total time spent preparing: about 20 minutes, though this can be cut if multiple pizza bases are made simultaneously.
    Total cost: about 50p + cheese cost.

It takes me longer than that to walk to the shops to buy a horrendously overpriced, cheese deficient thing coated with a veneer of red looking and vomit tasting stuff that has never set eyes on a tomato and was probably made with a chemistry set.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yes we heard you made your own pizza. We're not interested, please stop telling us how amazing you think you are.

If you made it from decent ingredients it wouldn't be much cheaper than takeaway anyway.
    I think it's more because he doesn't keep enough change to tip the delivery driver.

Clipheasd_house

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yes we heard you made your own pizza. We're not interested, please stop telling us how amazing you think you are.

If you made it from decent ingredients it wouldn't be much cheaper than takeaway anyway.
    Another

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Don't be a tit, as hinted at in the previous post I made up my own pizza.

A bit beyond you that one eh?

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Did you leave change from £25 to the delivery guy?

I always do.

DimPrawn.
    Recently divorced I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied

Burgerac: MEATliquor Dead Hippie

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    still more effort than ordering one!

anyway, i'm not at home, if I was the wife would be cooking
    I know being in the kitchen is supposed to be a woman's job but to be honest we men can do a much better job at making food taste nice.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    why do you always have to turn the conversation so its about you?
    FAIL

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Yep, as I thought a total w4nker.
    why do you always have to turn the conversation so its about you?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

Yep, as I thought a total w4nker.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Don't be a tit, as hinted at in the previous post I made up my own pizza.

A bit beyond you that one eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X