• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Places to Stay in Manchester"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    The hilton on deansgate is good and the views are impressive. I've stayed in tall buildings before, but usually they have been surrounded by other tall buildings, so you lose the feeling of height. The hilton is on its own so this isn't the case and you have unobstucted views. If you pay for their executive room you get access to their executive lounge and a free bar!

I like the radisson in Manchester also.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Try Canal Street, It's a real eye-opener and not only an eye-opener too type place....

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I remember how much you loved lounging about in the cast iron bath with that glass of wine while I sat on the bed and chatted.... Ahh that was a good night...
    What an imagination..... me in the bath?!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Got a couple of spare beds at EO towers, if you dont mind cats.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    None of them are boutique, they are all mainstream hotels. Nothing clever about them compared to a small boutique one.
    Sorry I missed that point in my fit of rage.... Didsbury House sounds good and Didsbury is lovely when the weather is half decent (almost never round here so good luck with that one). Also if you are in Didsbury I would recommend Istanbul Grill - great turkish food. Get the Iskandar Kebab if you go there.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    China town

HTH

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    NLUK is right the Didsbury House Hotel is lovely. It's sister hotel in town is the Great John St Hotel also lovely.

No real boutique hotels in town (other than above) but the mainstream ones aren't too bad and all close to the tram stops for getting to Old Trafford.

The one in Didsbury is on the main University bus route with a bus almost every minute it seems.
    I remember how much you loved lounging about in the cast iron bath with that glass of wine while I sat on the bed and chatted.... Ahh that was a good night...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    NLUK is right the Didsbury House Hotel is lovely. It's sister hotel in town is the Great John St Hotel also lovely.

No real boutique hotels in town (other than above) but the mainstream ones aren't too bad and all close to the tram stops for getting to Old Trafford.

The one in Didsbury is on the main University bus route with a bus almost every minute it seems.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Forgot to add Tripadvisor link for Didsbury house.

Didsbury House Hotel Reviews and Photos, Manchester, United Kingdom - TripAdvisor

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Now I have managed to calm down....

- Hilton on Deansgate (the really tall building)?
    - De Vere in Cheadle (there are two of them)
    - Ramada in Salford Quays

I think this is where you want to stay though:
    Knutsford Cheshire Luxury Hotels | The Mere Golf Resort & Spa | Hotels in Manchester Area

Have a look at Salford Quays hotels - some nice walks there and a few decent hotels. (walking distance to OTCG)
    None of them are boutique, they are all mainstream hotels. Nothing clever about them compared to a small boutique one.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    lol MF thats not a documentary!!!!!

Wurzel - do yourself a favour - do not drive! - or if you do do not park near the ground.

Old Trafford has it's own Train station/tram stop - so park elsewhere and get public transport to the venue...

and from what you are saying try a city centre hotel.
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Knutsford Cheshire Luxury Hotels | The Mere Golf Resort & Spa | Hotels in Manchester Area

Have a look at Salford Quays hotels - some nice walks there and a few decent hotels. (walking distance to OTCG)
    You want a boutique hotel? Can't beat Didsbury House. Being in Didsbury there is a great cafe culture as well, great food in walking distance. The hotel itself is fantastic, stayed there a number of times.

They have another hotel nearby and one in the city which I haven't been to yet. The one in the link before comes very highly recommended...
    A few things to check out there. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You want a boutique hotel? Can't beat Didsbury House. Being in Didsbury there is a great cafe culture as well, great food in walking distance. The hotel itself is fantastic, stayed there a number of times.

They have another hotel nearby and one in the city which I haven't been to yet. The one in the link before comes very highly recommended...

didsbury house **** | A small luxury town house hotel - Didsbury House - Eclectic Hotels Manchester

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Cheers

Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 25 June 2012, 15:01.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    lol MF thats not a documentary!!!!!

Wurzel - do yourself a favour - do not drive! - or if you do do not park near the ground.

Old Trafford has it's own Train station/tram stop - so park elsewhere and get public transport to the venue...

and from what you are saying try a city centre hotel.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Got 2 tickets to see GB vs Senegal at Old Trafford.

It's a long trek up there for me so will have to spend the night. Anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay - boutique hotel or something along those lines? Doesn't have to be in Manchester - could be somewhere a few miles out. Excuse my ignorance but I'm mid 40s & have never been to Manchester in my entire life
    Dangerous place Manchester. If I was you I'd check this documentary out first before heading up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X