• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "England v Italy on Sunday"

Collapse

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Not as disgraceful as the Lampard goal which was about 6 yards over the line and that was a World Cup not a Euro
    and not offside

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I would go for that - any way we win would be fine. Except maybe something like the Ukrainian goal that was not allowed - that was disgraceful.
    Not as disgraceful as the Lampard goal which was about 6 yards over the line and that was a World Cup not a Euro

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Quite. This team reminds me of those old-fashioned Italian and German teams of the 80s/90s that just ground out the results even when they played crap.
    I would go for that - any way we win would be fine. Except maybe something like the Ukrainian goal that was not allowed - that was disgraceful.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    I also think it is funny who Hodgeson tried to cover up the fact it was a choice between Terry and Ferdinand - Why else would he take Kelly along with him instead of Ferdinand? The aim is surely to get as far in the competition as possible and he was talking about "blooding the youngster" what a load of Bollocks

politics

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    I also think it is funny how Hodgeson tried to cover up the fact it was a choice between Terry and Ferdinand - Why else would he take Kelly along with him instead of Ferdinand? The aim is surely to get as far in the competition as possible and he was talking about "blooding the youngster" what a load of Bollocks
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 21 June 2012, 11:07.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Firstly you are pre-judging the issue. You know no more than I do.

Secondly, is this or is this not a tight-knit and harmonious England squad, with both Terry and several black players in it?
    Why else would they postpone the trial until after the Euros? The whole thing smells a bit fishy to me.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I'm undecided, I've seen no conclusive evidence either way.

I do think he's a bit of a twat though.
    I couldn't disagree there!

I assume that's why Hodgson has told him to keep quiet and away from the press.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    1)He's not disliked by the nation, he remains popular with the masses
    2)Using a racist term once in the heat of the moment doesn't make you "a blatant racist"

HTH

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You honestly think that scum didn't racially abuse Anton?
    I'm undecided, I've seen no conclusive evidence either way, but he seems to get on perfectly well playing alongside black people and they don't seem to mind him either.

I do think he's a bit of a twat though.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Firstly you are pre-judging the issue. You know no more than I do.

Secondly, is this or is this not a tight-knit and harmonious England squad, with both Terry and several black players in it?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    You just don't like him, which clouds your football judgement. Many do the same.

Tell us why he is a blatant racist.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I did say he was a better footballer - either way they are of a similar level, one could argue either way who is better.

Terry Cons:
    - Got sent off in semi-final of CL with Chelsea for utter stupidity
    - Really slow
    - Hated by the country and probably a lot of the players
    - Blatant Racist

Terry Pros:
    - Good defensively and as a leader on the pitch

Compare that with Ferdinand?
    You just don't like him, which clouds your football judgement. Many do the same.

Tell us why he is a blatant racist.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    I'd guess Terry gets in because the manager Hodgson rates him higher than Ferdinand, as did Capello before him.

Managers rely on their players and have to make cool judgements, unlike us fans who can say what we like this side of the white line.

This isn't a morals contest, this is professional football.
    I did say he was a better footballer - either way they are of a similar level, one could argue either way who is better.

Terry Cons:
    - Got sent off in semi-final of CL with Chelsea for utter stupidity
    - Really slow
    - Hated by the country and probably a lot of the players
    - Blatant Racist

Terry Pros:
    - Good defensively and as a leader on the pitch

Compare that with Ferdinand?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Can't stand Terry. Still don't understand why he gets in ahead of Ferdinand. Ferdinand should be at the Euros instead of Terry on a morals basis alone.
    I don't particularly like him but he has shown many times an absolutely fearless attitude to getting in the way of the ball and making important clearances, and he's also scored a fair few goals.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Could go either way. In spite of what the Spanish coach said, I wouldn't want to play England - you don't know what you're going to get
    I think it's probably about 50:50... ENG are not great but winning the group and not losing a game must inspire extra confidence.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X