• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should assisted dying be legal?"

Collapse

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Its the assisted bit that is causing the controversy, if they could take their own life it wouldn't be the issue it is
    Doesn't really change anything. You are entering into a contract to end your life, and you should be able to do that.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Of course it should be legal. It's your own life and your own choice.
    Its the assisted bit that is causing the controversy, if they could take their own life it wouldn't be the issue it is

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Of course it should be legal. It's your own life and your own choice.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Better to remember him as a brave man, fought for what he believed (although I have grave reservations about it) took the decision on the chin and took an honourable although wretched way out.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    https://twitter.com/TonyNicklinson/s...25748412989442

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    +1

I didn't realise he'd died. Poor man.
    Yup. 10 'o'clock this morning, I think. Poor soul.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Agreed.

By "Poor bastard" I mean the way he had to go about ending his own life. The pain, indignity and suffering. That is what I mean by "Poor bastard".
    +1

I didn't realise he'd died. Poor man.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Agreed.

By "Poor bastard" I mean the way he had to go about ending his own life. The pain, indignity and suffering. That is what I mean by "Poor bastard".
    Ah fair point

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Some would say (including himself) the life he was "living" was poorer than anything death could bring
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Poor bastard.
    Some would say (including himself) the life he was "living" was poorer than anything death could bring

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Poor bastard.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Would not do it, seen people move with dignity through the pain to be with their families for days or hours longer. Personal decision.
    BBC News - Right-to-die man Tony Nicklinson dead after refusing food

RIP

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Would not do it, seen people move with dignity through the pain to be with their families for days or hours longer. Personal decision.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You are a practicing Catholic I believe.
    Not anymore

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    The piggy agrees, having seen too many family members suffer from long drawn out deaths, with very little dignity and much suffering.
    You are a practicing Catholic I believe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X