• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Angela Merkel, it's time to act!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You're not really though, are you?
    How much profit should the business that I founded generate in order for you to accept it is a commercial success?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    The cost of Oil will increase relatively to the new currency earnings of the people as will other foreign goods. However the costs of labour and property and all things Greek will reduce dramatically. take Oil for example - yes it will be expensive but refining and processing the product will cost a great deal less than doing it whilst Greece remains in the Euro
    Labour costs in oil refining ain't that significant - the main cost is primary product, then the fact that you can only get so much different fuels from that much oil.

Funny thing about oil is that any inflation in price will cause other products being inflated also - that means loaf of bread will be going up as foreign spekulants short new Greek currency.

Basicaly the only thing worse that can happen is war.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Oh thank you
    You're not really though, are you?
    Since others do the business side, marketing etc while you sit coding in the server room.
    They probably panic every time you go near a potential client.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    He might be a clueless economist, but he's OUR clueless economist!
    Oi mate, I is British now, innit?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I dont think AtW gets it. which is a worry because he is CuK's leading entrepreneur
    Oh thank you

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Can someone who is a euro sceptic, as there are plenty on here banging their drums, explain what you think we stand to GAIN from a collapse of the EU and the EURO?

As far as I understand (and I'm not all that clever) we are an island, and that if europe wanted to , it could financially cripple us with BoP issues, at will.

Wasn't that why we joined the EU in the first place? (im too young to know for sure)
    The gain will be longer term. As ever it is about lancing the boil as opposed to simply taking pain killers. If the Euro is ditched then proper balances between the economies will return that will reflect the character and status of the EU economies. Germany will have its currency set much higher thus making its products far less competitive. Ferraris will be cheaper than Porsches as Italian costs will come tumbling down.
    I dont quite know where you get the idea that the EU wants to ruin the UK. You are also talking of Europe as a single entity which it is not and will be even less so if the Euro is ditched.
    Those who support the Euro like to think that it is too important to be allowed to fail.
    The question is does the Euro get ditched now or in the future and if it is kept how will it be managed to avoid a repeat of what is happening now.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Can someone who is a euro sceptic, as there are plenty on here banging their drums, explain what you think we stand to GAIN from a collapse of the EU and the EURO?

As far as I understand (and I'm not all that clever, but possibly the only one on this thread with an Economics degree) we are an island, and that if europe wanted to , it could financially cripple us with BoP issues, at will.

When we are out of the EU, how do these tories (mostly tories) think we are going to ship our goods; and through which countries?

My personal view is that we will go the way of Australia (in the 90's / early 00), and realise that we import 200% more than we export; and then we will have to radically change our outlook.

Wasn't that why we joined the EU in the first place? (im too young to know for sure)
    Last edited by Scoobos; 19 June 2012, 15:48.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought you were?
    Yesterday's man Brillo

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I dont think AtW gets it. which is a worry because he is CuK's leading entrepreneur
    I was being a little sarcastic at our Russian's expense.

He might be a clueless economist, but he's OUR clueless economist!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I thought you were?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    This is basic economics, dodgy. I'm sure everyone here must already know it.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    The cost of Oil will increase relatively to the new currency earnings of the people as will other foreign goods. However the costs of labour and property and all things Greek will reduce dramatically. take Oil for example - yes it will be expensive but refining and processing the product will cost a great deal less than doing it whilst Greece remains in the Euro. So if I was a Greek Oilman I would import a few barrels of the stuff and refine it. I can then export the finished products at more competitive prices than say the Germans can.

Your lack of logical understanding is mind blowing. Following your argument through, Why then dont the Indians "up the value of the Rupee" if they did this then the cost of buying a BMW will fall

The workers may get less money in real terms but they will be forced to grow more of their own food and products - thus stimulating production internally.
    This is basic economics, dodgy. I'm sure everyone here must already know it.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Did you bother to ask those local workers how they feel about getting 2-3 times less in money they get now? Any austerity is better than this

None of your losers had the misfortune to live in a country with tulip currency, money printing and 4 digit annual inflation
    The cost of Oil will increase relatively to the new currency earnings of the people as will other foreign goods. However the costs of labour and property and all things Greek will reduce dramatically. take Oil for example - yes it will be expensive but refining and processing the product will cost a great deal less than doing it whilst Greece remains in the Euro. So if I was a Greek Oilman I would import a few barrels of the stuff and refine it. I can then export the finished products at more competitive prices than say the Germans can.

Your lack of logical understanding is mind blowing. Following your argument through, Why then dont the Indians "up the value of the Rupee" if they did this then the cost of buying a BMW will fall

The workers may get less money in real terms but they will be forced to grow more of their own food and products - thus stimulating production internally.
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 19 June 2012, 12:35.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Did you bother to ask those local workers how they feel about getting 2-3 times less in money they get now? Any austerity is better than this
    Unfortunately any austerity just kicks the can further down the road. The greeks are going to default sooner or later and leave the Euro.

Its a great tragedy. But it is reality.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by engineer
    is there also somewhere serious conversation about economics in here or just ?
    Alas those who know about the subject tend to keep quiet. Its a great pity really.

Though you are not a real cuk poster until you have been called a cretin by sas. Its a rite of passage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X