• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'Mumbai attack' is worst-case scenario??"

Collapse

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Mupps View Post
    The worst case scenario is more subtle and yet more devastating.

The opening ceremony being so hugely embarassing that as a nation we all decide we can never show our faces again, and mass hari-kiri follows.
    Gary Barlowe is going to sing ?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Mumbai attack can only happen in country where majority of citizens are unarmed...

Leave a comment:

• Mupps
    replied
    The worst case scenario is more subtle and yet more devastating.

The opening ceremony being so hugely embarassing that as a nation we all decide we can never show our faces again, and mass hari-kiri follows.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If I were a terrorist, I'd drop a few cases of semtex into the Thames over the USS Montgomery (which someone mentioned here today).

It would be timed to explode during the opening ceremony, say three days later, by which time I would be safely in Outer Mongolia.

Probably nobody would be killed, which is good naturally, but tons of mud (if some estimates are to be believed) would literally rain on the parade like something out of an Ealing comedy.

In the long run I'd actually be doing a public service by removing a hazardous wreck from the Thames, _and_ providing an amusing diversion for those of us not normally interested in sport.
    What would you do about the Police boat that's on station 24 hours per day and the no fly zone?

Just asking, like?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

No one else think they could use the Olympics as cover and attack something else?
    If I were a terrorist, I'd drop a few cases of semtex into the Thames over the USS Montgomery (which someone mentioned here today).

It would be timed to explode during the opening ceremony, say three days later, by which time I would be safely in Outer Mongolia.

Probably nobody would be killed, which is good naturally, but tons of mud (if some estimates are to be believed) would literally rain on the parade like something out of an Ealing comedy.

In the long run I'd actually be doing a public service by removing a hazardous wreck from the Thames, _and_ providing an amusing diversion for those of us not normally interested in sport.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    If you ain't there, it won't happen to you.

Sage advice indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I am hoping that the authorities have planned against the real possibility of an impromptu Cliff Richard led sing along this summer.
    I understand some of the police and the Army will be armed, so don't panic.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You're making the assumption that the adherents of the peace-loving religion ( for who else would it be?) have the ability to outfox the authorities.
    Maybe that's the case or maybe it isn't.
    Didnt take too much out foxing last time, and I draw your attention to the fact that the 7/7 attack was the day after it was announced London got the Olympics. When some see 'coincidence', I see 'consequence'.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Surely the worst case scenario for the olympic sailing events is a lack of wind? Or water for that matter.
    Have you ever tried to get to Weymouth from London? Two lane dual carriageway and single file roads jammed with caravans; trains that can’t cope with the normal commuter numbers. It will be a disaster.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    No one else think they could use the Olympics as cover and attack something else?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Sas, you've gotta stop signing your posts with your real name!

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Good of you to start signing your posts.
    JUst seen wobblegong's post. Sorry WG.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Surely the worst case scenario is a genocidal attack by technologically advanced aliens that wipes out the earth's entire population and leaves it a devastated lifeless husk.
    Small-dicked cretin.
    Good of you to start signing your posts.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

HMS Bulwark is an Albion class amphibious assault ship
    Doesn't amphibious mean it can go on land? An interesting mental image

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I am hoping that the authorities have planned against the real possibility of an impromptu Cliff Richard led sing along this summer.
    I think I'd prefer the alien invasion and genocide.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Surely the worst case scenario is a genocidal attack by technologically advanced aliens that wipes out the earth's entire population and leaves it a devastated lifeless husk.
    Small-dicked cretin.
    Surely thats the ultimate solution to all our problems

Leave a comment:

Working...
X