• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Flags

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Flags"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Got a huge big ****-off England flag out the front which keeps the neighbours away but to balance it out I do have a hand-sized German one next to it and just to confuse everyone, a big one from Togo as well. I was going to pop into the English shop in Köln on the way home and pick up some car ones for a laugh to put up in the office (I'm the only Brit in a office complex of around 1000 Germans) and to put on my car when driving back to my hotel but decided not to as I'll only get to use them them for a couple of days max.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I hope it was a Miele

Milan.
    Was a Bosch as it happens. Bought it in 1992 so it has done sterling service.
    Replaced bearings on one occassion and that's all I had to do.

Got an Ariston now. Super quiet.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Possibly the most inane drivel I've ever seen.

And I hang out in TPD.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    No, it's made from brushed stainless steel so it looks the part.

I hope it was a Miele

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    isn't,

'I've also made a fab patio heater from the drum of an old washing machine. Got a mate to weld on some legs so it does.t scorch the decking. '
    No, it's made from brushed stainless steel so it looks the part.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I like to go out at night in rough areas and put different flags on peoples cars. I have found that, somehow, changing a cars St George for a Bundesdienstflagge causes that car the most damage. Experimenting, and I know it's not too scientific, but putting a Spanish flag on one car, a German one on another, and a French flag on another, sees not much damage to the Spanish flagged car, but lots to the others.

So watch out you flag types, for it's chavvy, and my flag stock is high

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    isn't,

'I've also made a fab patio heater from the drum of an old washing machine. Got a mate to weld on some legs so it does.t scorch the decking. '

a little bit kind of Dale Farm ?

how much are those chimney things ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    nice

have you been using the rotisserie on the kettle ?

i had three chickens on mine the other weekend very nice

Milan.

Milan, my man

Certainly have. I've also made a fab patio heater from the drum of an old washing machine. Got a mate to weld on some legs so it does.t scorch the decking.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    nice

have you been using the rotisserie on the kettle ?

i had three chickens on mine the other weekend very nice

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Yep. Just replaced Union Jacks on car with Cross of St George flags.

Also got a huge England flag hanging from upstairs window round front of house.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    All round good woman is Mrs BP; good taste in matters of flags and a good taste in girls apparently.
    Presumably you mean anything and everything?

Sounds like you and Mrs BP have alot in common......

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    afternoon all,

got your flags on the car ready for the Euro ?

Milan.
    N/A

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have flag for the house and car. I don't like the car one as it causes drag above 30mph.

I don't put up the house flag until day of the match as Mrs BP things it is very chav.

Personally I detest football - but I feel the need to support England. Until I move to Asia.
    All round good woman is Mrs BP; good taste in matters of flags and a good taste in girls apparently.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    afternoon all,

got your flags on the car ready for the Euro ?

Milan.
    No.

:chav

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I have flag for the house and car. I don't like the car one as it causes drag above 30mph.

I don't put up the house flag until day of the match as Mrs BP things it is very chav.

Personally I detest football - but I feel the need to support England. Until I move to Asia.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X