• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: CV Help

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CV Help"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    True story (no really): where I'm working the other day the manager got a letter from a recruitment consultant introducing a candidate which said "he is very interested in joking with you".

Automatic spelling correction strikes again. Doh!

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    Let it out Marvin.

If you can't vent here, where can you vent?
    In a crowded lift?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    My CV is littered with speeling mistooks. It is quite deliberate: I really don't want to work with someone so anally retentive as to use it as a selection criteria, life is way too short.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Let it out Marvin.

If you can't vent here, where can you vent?

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    prb sit next to you Mrs Goof.

you prolly a really nice geeky IT person.

but hey. doenst change my opinion of your posting behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    you are possibly the saddest twat i have ever known.
    You don't know me. Or do you?

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    MrsGoof

you are possibly the saddest twat i have ever known.

its bad enough, that we post on here and enjoy it. its sad enough as it is.

but you maange to go even lower, you dont even post anything funny or annoying, but you just choose to spend your time actually just enjoying to edit posts.

what a complete loser.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by marvin_esquire
    I love EDIT
    but you can't hide it, unless you know how!

Leave a comment:

• marvin_esquire
    replied
    I love EDIT

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    don't
    and

Leave a comment:

• marvin_esquire
    replied
    The position is for a senior Java developer, Fixed Income, Spring and Hibernate. The CV looked like it had been knocked up in 5 minutes. Hibernate was spelt as Hybernate. How can someone put it on their CV and claim to be an expert - it's a blatant lie! I don't mind a bit of bending here n there but this is taking the piss. The unsurprising thing is the agent didn't spot it!
    Last edited by marvin_esquire; 31 May 2006, 15:27.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by marvin_esquire
    <Rant> If you can't be arsed in knocking up a half-decent CV then you don't deserve a decent job and you should stick to being a call centre monkey. If I see a CV with spelling mistakes it goes straight into the bin - no questions asked. There's no place for this kind of shoddiness! People expect a half decent job handed to them on a plate. Tossers. </Rant>
    What was the mistake?

Leave a comment:

• marvin_esquire
    started a topic CV Help

CV Help

<Rant> If you can't be arsed in knocking up a half-decent CV then you don't deserve a decent job and you should stick to being a call centre monkey. If I see a CV with spelling mistakes it goes straight into the bin - no questions asked. There's no place for this kind of shoddiness! People expect a half decent job handed to them on a plate. Tossers. </Rant>

Working...
X