• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Regular Internal Fliers"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Glasgow to Campbeltown every day for six months. Glasgow to London / Birmingham regularly. Glasgow to Brussels bi-weekly for a year.

Fck that for a game of soldiers, home working from now on.

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Belfast to London every week. Been doing it for over 4 years now.

I try and negotiate 1 - 2 days at home, and have generally been quite lucky.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    So its possible but requires an accommodating ClientCo?
    Yep - did it for years Manchester into Heathrow.

Once BMI changed the plane on a Monday morning to something smaller, the cost of flights rocketed and I changed to going by train.

If I get one of the roles I'm looking at right now, it will be London again or another flight elsewhere in the country.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    So its possible but requires an accommodating ClientCo?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Nah, according to RyanAir they're all the same place.

Leave a comment:

• Mupps
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I regularly fly between San Fran, San Jose and San Diego.

I use RyanAir.
    So your new gig is you're an air stewardess?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I use RyanAir.
    Nah, according to RyanAir they're all the same place.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

I use RyanAir.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    The great thing about beaing a TWaT is that you get to say C U Next Tuesday every week
    Even better is due to working in more than one country twattypants gets to say Nah, I'm not over here next week and then sits in his pants all the following week.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Does anyone fly from one end of the country to the other for gigs? IE Scotland to SE England or vice versa? How do you work it out Fly back home every other weekend?
    I used to fly from Manchester to Stansted every/most weeks. Could checkin up to 30 minutes before departure which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I did it between the SE and Yorkshire at one time. I would work every day including Sat/Sun for 2-3 weeks straight, then head back home for 2-3 days during the week.

For the most part I managed to avoid travelling on Mondays and Fridays, and could get away with flying standby by picking my flights carefully.

But when I was working further from home, Germany for example, I would only go home 1 weekend in 2 or three. It was simply too much hassle to do that every weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    a TWaT.
    The great thing about beaing a TWaT is that you get to say C U Next Tuesday every week

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I work in France and Germany on a regular basis.

Fly out Monday eve, fly back Thurs eve.
    a TWaT.

I did a few months of the south coast to Glasgow a while back. Out Sunday night, back Friday. No way I'd do that again but I didn't mind at the time. Being a twat like pondlife is as far as I'll go these days and prefer wfh.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I work in France and Germany on a regular basis.

Fly out Monday eve, fly back Thurs eve.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Regular Internal Fliers

Regular Internal Fliers

Does anyone fly from one end of the country to the other for gigs? IE Scotland to SE England or vice versa? How do you work it out Fly back home every other weekend?

Working...
X