• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why are all the CVs I'm being sent for Indian Developers?"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Only looking for permanent, sorry. Also, I think you'd have a personality clash with the Development Manager.
    Why?

Is the Development Manager a bit of a numpty?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm a decent home-grown developer. Only £500/day and I won't even need space at the client site.
    Only looking for permanent, sorry. Also, I think you'd have a personality clash with the Development Manager.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I assume because the rate you are offering only attracts the bobs?!

Either that or home grown's have gotten out of two a penny noddy work (Code Monkeys/Analyst Monkeys/Test Monkeys) and moved into proper specialties.
    Up to £60k? I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    forcing indiginous resources to quit or do something else?
    The taxpayer is probably better off in your indiginous case

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    <cough>bulltulip</cough>
    I didn't say my current gig paid that. I said that was my rate on offer. Don't you know anything about contracting?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Do we not have any home grown decent developers?

I refuse to extend anyone's visa!

Spod - In "Support your local Sheriff" mode!
    Good one Spod.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Just cause you're on £170pd (after promotion) doesn't mean the rest of us have to slum it
    Cos the cheap far east 'labour' has been allowed to flood the market giving agencies more margin and forcing indiginous resources to quit or do something else?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    <cough>bulltulip</cough>
    Just cause you're on £170pd (after promotion) doesn't mean the rest of us have to slum it

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm a decent home-grown developer. Only £500/day and I won't even need space at the client site.
    <cough>bulltulip</cough>

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Did you put an advert on cuk?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    That'll teach Spod for asking Dodgyagent to find him some resource.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Why are all the CVs I'm being sent for Indian Developers?
    Maybe the recruiter's mother tongue is not English. In some European languages Indian and indigenous are translated with the same word. I had an offer in the past from cloggersland where they invited me to apply for a 'vacation'.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Speaking of which:

Bob Shawadiwadi
    He doesn't look Indian to me.

EDIT: But now that I've had a second look...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Where is Bob Shawadiwadi when you need him?
    Speaking of which:

Bob Shawadiwadi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X