• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One more reason not to bother getting married"

Collapse

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    I can give you one - it's a God given gift
    Of course. So you are married because of God? Not that I was suggesting that your wife may have played a part on it.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock

Anybody know of any good reasons to get married ?

Im waiting ....

I can give you one - it's a God given gift

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Wonderstuff
    I think you'll find that has just happened. A woman near Guildford will have to sell her £4m house to pay off her ex-husband who wants more from their divorce settlement. He's an airline pilot so probably not sure of a few bob himself. Same sh*t, different day!
    Hey maybe this isnt such a bad idea after all , any loaded chicks with a few million to burn ... please email me.

I can’t be bothered to miss you anymore
    Month twelve, day thirty-one and hour twenty-four
    I used to think if missed hard enough you’d come back for sure
    I can’t be bothered now to miss you anymore

When you skipped town I was such a mess
    So I found some things to do instead
    Trick is to find something to occupy your mind
    Now I spend most days chasin’ mine

And I can’t be bothered to miss you anymore
    Month twelve, day thirty-one and hour twenty-four
    I used to think if missed hard enough you’d come back for sure
    I can’t be bothered now to miss you, I’m not cuddling up to kiss you
    And I can’t be bothered now to miss you anymore
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 31 May 2006, 12:49.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Wish I'd said that
    One of my fav politcal quotes was from Ron Reagan , he mentioned that they say that politics is the second oldest profession.

But the more I look at it, it seems to be more like the oldest profession itself.

Sure nuff Ron.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Doesn't Gerry Adams pop in now and again, to pick up his pay cheque?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It does seem truer than ever that the only person who has entered Parliament with honourable intentions was Mr. Fawkes.
    Wish I'd said that

Leave a comment:

• Wonderstuff
    replied
    I think you'll find that has just happened. A woman near Guildford will have to sell her £4m house to pay off her ex-husband who wants more from their divorce settlement. He's an airline pilot so probably not sure of a few bob himself. Same sh*t, different day!

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    And it probably doesnt help that men have always been the main bread winners...so of course its going to be men who are taken to the cleaners.

Then again, I cant wait for the case where a man takes a woman to the cleaners!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    But seriously

why does the go-vermin-t hate the traditional family?
    Why give faggots the 'right' to civil-partnerships?
    Why give co-habitees the 'right' to divorce settlements?
    What is it they dislike? Is it just a 1984-style divide and conquer policy?
    The more this government does, the more obvious it becomes that they're all loathsome scummy individuals with a seemingly open agenda of destroying society,
    It does seem truer than ever that the only person who has entered Parliament with honourable intentions was Mr. Fawkes.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    I tend to think that the reason why many marriages fail is because of people's bad attitude towards it. Surely if you believe that it will fail, that women are gold diggers with no conscience, it certainly will. So yes, there is always the option of not getting married but if you have to get married with divorce in mind then it's better not to. Moreover, if you think about the money you squander when you are in a couple, the money that goes for the divorce is a pretty short percentage. So then, better not to be in a couple at all.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Aye Ladz

Guess I will remain a Batchelor Boy.

Was chatting up a bird at work the other day.

She mentioned she had been married before, then started to blab on about kids she would like to have,then the coup de grace was to mention that she had worked in HR before.

Before you could say Shock and Awe AJP had scuttled off on the pretext that he had to urgently go shopping for a toaster.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 31 May 2006, 11:23.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Interesting, eh ?

From the blokes perspective marraige appears to be a loaded contract.

Im waiting ....
    Nope, can't think of one, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    good reasons to get married

beard, perhaps?

Gordon

Leave a comment:

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    Interesting, eh ?

Im waiting ....
    There are loads of reasons if you’re a woman. It seems pretty consistent that divorced women I know want to get married again but not one man wants to.
    Last edited by Clog II The Avenger; 31 May 2006, 11:15.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Interesting, eh ?

Im waiting ....
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 31 May 2006, 10:56.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X