• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tomorrow

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tomorrow"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Working from Home all week, but have to nip down to Southampton for my annual review/assessment.

Hope it's sunny, I want to ride the Harley and make a day of it

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Of course the real trick is to go in and bill when you're ill and then take the day off once the client is convinced that you really are sick but by now you're feeling better and in a fit state to enjoy it.

Not that I would condone such unprofessional behaviour of course
    Haha, yeah! I have went in when sick too.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    There is nothing stopping you!
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    A sickie, real or fake, may cost me money, but it doesn't stop me taking them as and when I need them. I'm getting paid shed loads so days off here and there are no big deal to me.

I won't take the piss of course.
    Couple of weeks ago I had tonsillitis and a temperature of 102.4F but yet I still invoiced for the time I was ill, I whinged a lot but I still invoiced!

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I have a stinking great sh1te pile of javascript written by bob to fix tomorrow. I hate javascript.

Friday off though, Waverley up to Oban, going to be a good one.
    Ooh I've been on the Waverley. Went on an excursion to Lundy. Island. Lovely old boat.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I have a stinking great sh1te pile of javascript written by bob to fix tomorrow. I hate javascript.

throw it back at them. and then test it on ie and throw it back at them again.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    A sickie, real or fake, may cost me money, but it doesn't stop me taking them as and when I need them. I'm getting paid shed loads so days off here and there are no big deal to me.

Of course the real trick is to go in and bill when you're ill and then take the day off once the client is convinced that you really are sick but by now you're feeling better and in a fit state to enjoy it.

Not that I would condone such unprofessional behaviour of course

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Dullest sockie ever.
    Fack off peenee-breath

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I miss being a permie and being able to throw sickies

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    There is nothing stopping you!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Work for the yanks and a holiday there tomorrow I believe. I'll still be invoicing for the day though
    Bank holiday in cloggers tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Work for the yanks and a holiday there tomorrow I believe. I'll still be invoicing for the day though

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Anyone giving tomorrow a miss and spending the day in the garden? Sorely tempted here
    Nope, I'll be there right on the button. I'm taking September off and losing 2 days pay for Queen and country next week.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Dullest sockie ever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X