• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Will there be a Grexit?"

Collapse

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Germany can't afford to let Greece go under. To crystallize the debt would be a major blow for them.
    Hair cut is against the Lisbon treaty.

Tricky.

I think GREXIT is one minute to midnight.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Germany can't afford to let Greece go under. To crystallize the debt would be a major blow for them.
    They can't afford to bail them out (again) either, both financially and politically. Which way would Merkel's poll ratings go if she chucked away (quite literally) another few hundred billion?
    Greece is leaving the Eurozone, it's simply a question of when. Whether they stay in the EU afterwards is still an open question.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...e_iOSApp_Other

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Will there be a Grexit?

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    There will be a grexit. Greeks are getting all they can out of their banks; before the default, and emergency transfer to the drachma. The question is will Greece stay in the EU, or NATO?
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other

https://youtu.be/un_5I0tsP7g
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 3 February 2017, 15:51.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    If they have any sense they will vote for a party who will take them out of the Euro.
    Perhaps no-one wants to be first.

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Looking at the figures in this article, sense is the one thing they - and most of Europe - lack.
    Well, if they had any sense most of the EU countries, including us, would be doing lots of things differently, but no. It's like the CAP (Common Agricultural Policy), thirty years after NZ got rid of all farm subsidies people here, and in Europe, can't seem to imagine surviving without a £40bn per year hand-out...heaven forbid things improving...

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    If they have any sense they will vote for a party who will take them out of the Euro.
    Looking at the figures in this article, sense is the one thing they - and most of Europe - lack.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Just after Greece conned their way into another bailout last Thursday.

Greece crisis: PM Tsipras 'to hold September election' - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Ronaldo 'gives football agent Mendes Greek island' - BBC News

He must really hate his agent. Soon that will be worth a billion drachma. Or about 5p.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Yeah, the end of China's inflationary credit bubble won't be kind to commodities at all.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    No, more like reality at work. Interest rates - at least official ones - are being suppressed and have been for decades. Because this is done by manipulating demand for bonds, the 'risk free' asset par excellence, it is infecting all asset classes.
    Mostly commodities right now. I predict a return to mean for commodities between now and the end of the year. Buy buy buy!

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Ah the Thatcher ideologies. Nice work!
    No, more like reality at work. Interest rates - at least official ones - are being suppressed and have been for decades. Because this is done by manipulating demand for bonds, the 'risk free' asset par excellence, it is infecting all asset classes.
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 31 July 2015, 11:10.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Me!Me!Me! again?

WGAS about you and your whiny little pipe dreams. So you own a house and want to see it lose 50% of it's value. Good luck with that.
    You just don't get it do you. I want a crash for my generation. For generation rent. There is a huge debt bubble, the economic cycle is close to the next downturn (certainly within the next 5 years), this time round there will be no bail outs. To Big - your problem - you are going to have To Fail. If my house falls 50% then the next house falls 50%. Happy days.

£200 - £100k (I'm down £100k)
    £400 - £200k (it's down £200k)

lets' correct, put some proper controls in place, and move beyond housing as an asset and what it should be: homes.

Will a lot of people get tuliped. Of course they will. Hopefully most of them will be boomers

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Me!Me!Me! again?

WGAS about you and your whiny little pipe dreams. So you own a house and want to see it lose 50% of it's value. Good luck with that.
    Shocking isn't it DP

Leave a comment:

Working...
X