• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Greek Austerity Measures..."

Collapse

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    As soon as they can't afford Sky TV there will be riots
    There should be a law against benefit scum being able to have Sky

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    We wont need soldiers on the streets here. Fortunately there are far too many sheep. The chavs wont riot except for self interest and can easily be placated.
    As soon as they can't afford Sky TV there will be riots

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    sooner or later in all the countries being squeezed, someone will say vote for me and I will tell them to stick it and will get in. Oh, it's already happened......

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Does Greek Austerity Measures mean only taking it up the arse once every week. EO will never agree to that reduction.
    Ha ha ha ha you so funnneeeee! You number 1 funneee f*cker!

Not.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Whats to stop a Eurozone country getting into the same mess in the future ? not much
    They either have to break up the whole dumb idea, or go for political union and control

I am reasonably certain that we wont see any Eurocrats looking through the bins for an onion

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Does Greek Austerity Measures mean only taking it up the arse once every week. EO will never agree to that reduction.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Grossekoalition Merkel Peer Steinbruck bruser Schaueble Finanzminister

Wibble

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    What is a bruser?
    A small table. Steinbruck is a small table.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Steinbruck is a bruser like Schaueble who's currently the Finanzminister. The French would still be negotiating with a brick wall.
    What is a bruser?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    There will be a Grossekoalition with Merkel still Chancellor but very weakened and Peer Steinbruck the effective economic leader.

Steinbruck is a bruser bruiser like Schaueble who's currently the Finanzminister. The French would still be negotiating with a brick wall.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 May 2012, 03:43.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    And will Merkel get booted out at the next election?
    There will be a Grossekoalition with Merkel still Chancellor but very weakened and Peer Steinbruck the effective economic leader.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Sorry - but what is to stop them printing the bits of paper? Sorry if I am being thick.
    You are taking my position, watch it!

Where do they get money to pay their bills if they havent got any Euros left? answer - they create their own currency and pay people with those which are effectively IOUs that can be traded within Greece.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    The advantage Argentina has is plenty of practice!
    Indeed, but banks do still lend to it! Thats what I consider mad.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Can't grumble at that.

But once they do default, they do have the luxury of reintroducing a currency most of their population will be familiar with. I see similarities with Iceland, and Argentina, but you're right about it being slightly different, and it being a bigger game of cards than before.
    The advantage Argentina has is plenty of practice!

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I know what you mean, but I was pointing out that the two cases are vastly different.

Iceland are a single small nation where the effects of their bank defaults were limited, and they were able to carry out a recovery because they had their own independent currency.

Greece is a larger nation, does not have its own currency to play with, and is deeply assimilated into the eurozone. Its problems directly affect many other nations, and leaving the eurozone will be a nightmare, which is why everyone is doing whatever they can to avoid it.
    Can't grumble at that.

But once they do default, they do have the luxury of reintroducing a currency most of their population will be familiar with. I see similarities with Iceland, and Argentina, but you're right about it being slightly different, and it being a bigger game of cards than before.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X