• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: iPad Apps

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "iPad Apps"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Things looks ok, but to work well I would need it on all my devices which starts to get very expensive!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Worth £13 ?

I guess it's hard to judge until you try it.
    13quid! Is that what i paid?... Looks at istore... Hmm yup 15€, wow, i really should look at the cost of these things more closely...

What can I say, I like lists. It is a very useful app, but on reflection I'm not sure I would pay 13quid for it, but then again I do use it a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Things - best list writing/keeping app I've found yet
    Worth £13 ?

I guess it's hard to judge until you try it.

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    The bloomberg app is pretty decent

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Can anyone recommend a good share portfolio management app?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I just bought an iPad... I've been through the suggestions in here so far. Good stuff.

Any more ? <waits eagerly>

Thanks!
    Weber Grill App - how to Cook anything on BBQ
    Posted - great app for tracking all those incoming parcels
    Sky fire - I use it as a 2nd browser for when I want to view a flash site
    Civilization revolutions - very addictive civ game
    Xmarks - sync your bookmarks between devices
    Dropbox
    Logmein
    Epicurious - for finding recipes out of what's left in the fridge
    Iconvert - converts any measurement to almost anything else
    Pdf reader lite - erm, a PDF reader
    Izip - for opening zip files
    Tchesspro - good chess game
    Qr reader
    Barcode
    Penultimate - good for sketching out ideas
    Things - best list writing/keeping app I've found yet

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Someone (I think it was cojak) recommended pear note for note taking. It records the conversation as you go which makes understanding the context of your comment easy to follow.

Leave a comment:

• ThomserveBAS
    replied
    I know there was a suggestion for an alternative PDF/document reader on the previous page, but I would recommend GoodReader - it supports a wide range of formats and can connect to various services such as Samba, AFP, FTP, Dropbox, Google Docs etc.

You can set up sync profiles between it and your chosen server, so I use it to have a synced copy of my business documents. Means I always have them to hand, and if I add a document remotely it syncs to my home server next time I perform a sync.

It's also great for reading PDF magazines outside of business hours

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I just bought an iPad... I've been through the suggestions in here so far. Good stuff.

Any more ? <waits eagerly>

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Go for the Netflix and Lovefilm free trials. Both are great apps, I dont watch telly any more. I got both to decide which one to keep but ended up subscribing to both.

Try a stylus too, I'm loving messing around with the freehand drawing apps, Paper by FiftyThree and Art Set are my faves. I've been using Paper to doodle out website and application designs.

As said earlier Logmein Ignition is a great remote desktop app and comes in handy for accessing your own stuff from clientco. I lease a few app servers for Plan B and its good administering them from the iPad.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    hmm i think I may have to get an i Pad - mainly cos I have £500 burning a hole in my pocket....

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    some extras I've found:

LogMeIn - ideal for fixing family pc issues and also very useful for playing Diablo III on your ipad. The streaming is very stable
    Flight Radar24 pro - great to know where those planes are going overhead
    Weatherpro for ipad - the best weather app I can find
    Osmos for ipad - VERY addictive game
    shazam for ipad - good to know what that song you're hearing on the tv/radio is called
    things for ipad - one of the best reviewed to do list apps

Leave a comment:

• Qdos Contractor
    replied
    I just found Wolfenstein 3D on there, which is brilliant. Exactly the same as the old PC game.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    He's from Luton, it probably tips him over the edge at least twice a day, don't worry about it!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Would love to meet you. Why not pop along to the next CUK bash.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X