• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory sleaze after just 2 years"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Yep. At least they had the decency to resign when caught.

Obligatory Keith Vaz link

Ha ha ha ha - I do have some nostalgia for those old style sleazy Tories

The only promise Cecil Parkinson ever kept - never to see his daughter - Telegraph

but they often didn't go until pushed - it took Parky 4 months after first telling Thatcher - and he kept on making comebacks like Mandy.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    You just have to ask yourself

1. would I buy a car from any of them
    2. would I sign anything they handed me, without first reading it
    3. would I trust them with my card pin number
    4. would I trust them to look after my children
    6. would I trust them to act honestly in claiming their expences
    7. could I expect them to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth

If the answer to at least 2 of the 7 is "YES"

Get yer head read

It's a good job they're not running the country.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm very disappointed. I was hoping for radical reform, principles, a chance for rejuvenation, and here we have the same old public school bollux
    I was disappointed after 6 months. They did almost nothing. There only plan to deal with the debt is to inflate it away. They have done nothing to generate growth.

The UK can compete with Asia given a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I preferred it when there was proper tory sleaze, the bonking and secret 'understandings' with business. There was a sense that all was well in the country when upper class tories were in charge and getting up to all that stuff.
    Yep. At least they had the decency to resign when caught.

Obligatory Keith Vaz link

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I preferred it when there was proper tory sleaze, the bonking and secret 'understandings' with business. There was a sense that all was well in the country when upper class tories were in charge and getting up to all that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    You just have to ask yourself

1. would I buy a car from any of them
    2. would I sign anything they handed me, without first reading it
    3. would I trust them with my card pin number
    4. would I trust them to look after my children
    6. would I trust them to act honestly in claiming their expences
    7. could I expect them to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth

If the answer to at least 2 of the 7 is "YES"

Get yer head read

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They were whiter than white.

Redder than red, Shirley!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    How sleazy were Labour after 2 years?

I've been wondering how many other letters Cameron has been signing off with LOL. LOL.

Dear Merkel, Hope the Euro works out. LOL.

Dear Obama. I look forward to the continuance of our special relationship. LOL.

Dear Public, We will reward those who do the right thing. LOL.

Dear X, My heartfelt condolences over your recent bereavement. LOL

Dear X, I'm sorry if I inadvertently offended you in my last letter, please accept my sincere and unreserved apologies. LOL.
    Ah! The good old deflection technique. I thought the idea was to be better than the others not as bad as them?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Labour, under Bliar anyway, were just as bad. Only reason this did not go on with Brown is that nobody in their right minds would want to be friendly or seek influence with that useless, ugly, charmless, snot-eating pusbag. Even Obummer had the sense to totally ignore him.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Just did a quick Google for the heck of it and there's a website dedicated to it. Seems Labour got cracking right away.

Labour Sleaze

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

I've been wondering how many other letters Cameron has been signing off with LOL. LOL.

Dear Merkel, Hope the Euro works out. LOL.

Dear Obama. I look forward to the continuance of our special relationship. LOL.

Dear Public, We will reward those who do the right thing. LOL.

Dear X, My heartfelt condolences over your recent bereavement. LOL

Dear X, I'm sorry if I inadvertently offended you in my last letter, please accept my sincere and unreserved apologies. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm very disappointed. I was hoping for radical reform, principles, a chance for rejuvenation, and here we have the same old public school bollux
    KUATB

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    At least they reduced taxes massively, oh wait....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    started a topic Tory sleaze after just 2 years

Tory sleaze after just 2 years

Working...
X