• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "We need a good famine"

Collapse

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    It will help to pay for the Free prescription we get
    Slimming pills?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Well Diver, if anyone's going to do this you can bet the Welsh ASSembly will be the one.
    It will help to pay for the Free prescription we get

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    100% tax on fast food, Bread, cakes, sweets, non diet sodas/drinks etc.

Legal requirement for Lean meats and ban the sale of butter and cream etc

Portion limits on restaurant servings with High taxes on over the limit portions.
    Well Diver, if anyone's going to do this you can bet the Welsh ASSembly will be the one.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The vegetarians will have to emigrate to the nordic countries, as they'll only be able to eat Swedes.

By 2040 ?

it's 09:45 now, that gives them less than 12 hours. and the ferry leaves in ten minutes

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied

Portion limits on restaurant servings with High taxes on over the limit portions.
    It would be difficult to police, but I'd make leaner food, and vegetables cheaper than processed foods and fatty foods. I had discussions many moons ago about it being far cheaper to eat unhealthy than healthy, so poorer people are faced with less choice. No matter what meal you put together, you can put an unhealthy one together cheaper. It doesn't make sense really.

Tax foods more with high fat/salt/sugar content. Make gym membership cheaper, encourage through tax breaks sports clubs, start buying back land for school playing fields.

Its insane how it is at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The vegetarians will have to emigrate to the nordic countries, as they'll only be able to eat Swedes.

I'll pull his wires out, someone look out for the nurse.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Half of all British men will be obese by 2040, claim experts - Telegraph

Will there be enough food to go round? Will we end up eating the fatties?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I dont see this as very true. I was a slim hipped adonis until about 32, when I got married. Now being away all the time, and living in hotels, its very bloody tricky to keep fit and slimmish. 3 weeks away from the gym and eating/drinking what I like and I can easily pop a stone, stone and a half on. ALl of my friends from school, every single one, are now borderline, or over the line obese, on how we measure it (over 30 bmi iirc?).

I reckon the way to stop the obesity epidemic is to tax people heavily on their weight (no pun intended). I dont know how it would work, but know the only way you can get anyone, to do anything, is through financially penalising them.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    or banning PCs and mobiles until the age of 18, and anything else that encourages teenagers to mooch around in their bedrooms instead of getting out and about.

People who put on weight in their teens stay chubby and get fatter and fatter for the rest of their days. But a teenager who stays slim and exercises will hardly ever put on too much weight in later years, because at that age but not later one can actually destroy fat cells when slimming.
    I dont see this as very true. I was a slim hipped adonis until about 32, when I got married. Now being away all the time, and living in hotels, its very bloody tricky to keep fit and slimmish. 3 weeks away from the gym and eating/drinking what I like and I can easily pop a stone, stone and a half on. ALl of my friends from school, every single one, are now borderline, or over the line obese, on how we measure it (over 30 bmi iirc?).

I reckon the way to stop the obesity epidemic is to tax people heavily on their weight (no pun intended). I dont know how it would work, but know the only way you can get anyone, to do anything, is through financially penalising them.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    That's no way to talk about your wife!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SupremeSpod again.
    Arf!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    I was the typical skinny teenager, even by the time I got married I was a snake-hipped 28" waist.

Then one day I woke up a fat bastard.
    That's no way to talk about your wife!

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    People who put on weight in their teens stay chubby and get fatter and fatter for the rest of their days. But a teenager who stays slim and exercises will hardly ever put on too much weight in later years, because at that age but not later one can actually destroy fat cells when slimming.
    I was the typical skinny teenager, even by the time I got married I was a snake-hipped 28" waist.

Then one day I woke up a fat bastard.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

or banning PCs and mobiles until the age of 18, and anything else that encourages teenagers to mooch around in their bedrooms instead of getting out and about.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    We need more smack heads, you never see a fat heroin addict.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Who ate all the pies? Fat Brit bastards ate all the pies

Leave a comment:

Working...
X