• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Was Galileo a liar?"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I get all my historical facts from Dan Brown. You can f*** right off.

He's just a smelly plagiarist!

Actually, I don't know if he is smelly.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You do all realise that the stars are just little holes in the black material we made the sky out of, don't you?
    Well fix it you cheapskate lizard

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    It's a glitch in the matrix.
    Sorry, was probably me

Do an update, think I've fixed it now.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Considering Galileo died in 1642 and Weishaupt didn't form the "Illuminati" until 1776, what do you think?

Take this go and read a few factual books, might I recommend anything by "The Invisible College", they've been producing interesting pamphlets etc since 1660.
    I get all my historical facts from Dan Brown. You can f*** right off.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    In addition, the axis wobbles a bit, leading to interesting climatic changes. At the moment the north pole is racing away from the US and towards Russia at a very fast pace indeed
    The North pole is defecting to the Russians

If only the british poles would do the same

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Wasn't Galileo one of the Illuminati or whatever they were called? He made it up.
    Considering Galileo died in 1642 and Weishaupt didn't form the "Illuminati" until 1776, what do you think?

Take this go and read a few factual books, might I recommend anything by "The Invisible College", they've been producing interesting pamphlets etc since 1660.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post

Take Divers diagram. Imagine the sun is just where it says rotation.

The Northern hemisphere is tilted directly towards the sun, it's misummers day.

as the earth moves a quarter of the way round, its the autumnal equinox

then when its on the opposite side, the NH is tilted away from the sun, thats mid winter

then the spring equinox then back to summer.

In addition, the axis wobbles a bit, leading to interesting climatic changes. At the moment the north pole is racing away from the US and towards Russia at a very fast pace indeed

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post

That's me going upstairs, that is. Hic.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    The earth is flat and rests on the backs of four huge elephants which are in turn standing on the back of an enormous turtle as it slowly swims through space.

You know it makes sense

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    of course, the earths axis doesn't tilt as it goes around the sun

the earths axis is tilted, and the earth spins on its axis, as it goes around the sun.

and the earths tilted axis , does wobble, but decadaly. ish.

difficult to explain , without pictures

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    If all this planets rotating and circling the sun stuff is correct how come Venus is always in the same place, slightly to the right as I come out of my front door? How come Orion is always just ahead as I walk up the hill to the pub?

Can any CUK astronomers explain it?
    Wasn't Galileo one of the Illuminati or whatever they were called? He made it up.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I am told that I am spinning round a sun on a spinning planet with a spinning moon but the universe is spinning round me.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    If all this planets rotating and circling the sun stuff is correct how come Venus is always in the same place, slightly to the right as I come out of my front door? How come Orion is always just ahead as I walk up the hill to the pub?

Can any CUK astronomers explain it?
    It's been overcast and pi55ing it down for four weeks solid, so the answer is that you are simply trolling.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Nope. They are all in exactly the same place at all times of the day, if I leave my house at 11AM, there's Venus right in front of my door and Orion is just over the pub. I've had enough of all your lies, you ain't fooling me any more.
    It's a glitch in the matrix.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I see the EU is looking for new members on the moons of Jupiter or something, geuss they have to find somebody to lend money to Spain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X