• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Southerners and water"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Some professor of water engineering or some such said that was a silly idea, no good direct routes, not designed for fast flow and locks.

Upgrading present infrastructure and modifying usage was her solution.
    yeah right a series national network that they control and can excavate the towpath may not be the best solution to putting in a new national network of high speed pipes?

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    There is no water shortage in the south. It is a scam from the water companies in order to put charges up.
    Interesting point.
    A few weeks ago on the national cycle route I saw a huge tap just running with no way to close it. Spent half an hour on phone with the area water company (on hold most of the time - even when I pressed the menu option for leakage). They didn't seem too bothered about all that water leaking for hours.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    tin bath is full o coal, tha daft sod
    I just use it to make ice for my Vodka

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    We've got enough water now, thanks.
    an it's not as if them mucky lot in't south use it for washing

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Use canals to transport water to south...
    Some professor of water engineering or some such said that was a silly idea, no good direct routes, not designed for fast flow and locks.

Upgrading present infrastructure and modifying usage was her solution.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    We've got enough water now, thanks.

Did I tell you that Redbourn's 365 policy was under severe strain on Sunday?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    If Northerners have so much friggin water why aren't they using power showers instead of taking turns in a fireside tin bath??
    WHS

Can't the government invent a job that consists of pushing up water up a hill and then putting all of those jobs in the North....

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    My half flooded garden path would argue there's no water shortage on the South Coast. Although, it's sunny here today so no doubt we'll be in a drought by this afternoon!

I blame the Northerners
    The problem is all their excess water is running downhill and flooding you out. Suggest you pop it in an envelope (no stamp) and send it back.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    If Northerners have so much friggin water why aren't they using power showers instead of taking turns in a fireside tin bath??
    tin bath is full o coal, tha daft sod

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    My half flooded garden path would argue there's no water shortage on the South Coast. Although, it's sunny here today so no doubt we'll be in a drought by this afternoon!

I blame the Northerners

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    We will buy it off you cos we've got loadsamoney.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    There is no water shortage in the south. It is a scam from the water companies in order to put charges up.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You are confusing Act of God with the good people of South England.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X