• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Rich Grow Richer - How have you fared in the past year?"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Clawing back my warchest, so feeling a little more secure, but at the cost of working all weekend

Still, at least the weather was tulipe.

Oh, MF, the beer festival was quite good so yeah, agree with your rep comment, it wasn't all bad!

Now going to cook some char siu pork that's been marinating all weekend, and settle down with the DSA Biker Pack DVD and watch that little fox Louise Brady again....mmmmmm....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    My debt dropped my 50%, I consider that a sucess

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    But the cost of hand surgery has gone down.....
    That hand worked hard to get Diver amputaed.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    That's because of hand relief

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    My income rose by approximately 16% 2010-2011
    Projected to rise ~10% 2012

With the rise in cost of living, fuel & energy etc. I think I may have broken even

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishface View Post
    ...by meeting some of the wealthy people there and you will feel poor and discover that the wealthy in third world countries are arrogant, ego-manic, hard hearted bastardos.
    I get enough of that dealing with agents.

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If you really want to appreciate how *poor* you really are just go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country to put things into perspective.
    ...by meeting some of the wealthy people there and you will feel poor and discover that the wealthy in third world countries are arrogant, ego-manic, hard hearted bastardos.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    I'm far richer...

In health, happiness, stress free, hassle free, lost lots of weight, more settled, learning more and enjoying life!

In monetary terms - probably a bit better off, but that's only one slice of life's pie!

Tone
    Well done Sands of Time

See, it's not all doom & gloom

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    I'm far richer...

In health, happiness, stress free, hassle free, lost lots of weight, more settled, learning more and enjoying life!

In monetary terms - probably a bit better off, but that's only one slice of life's pie!

Tone

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WHS

Take a trip to a really poor place in Africa where they don't have decent water, little food, poor sanitation, mud huts and are just about living on a day to day basis. Take it all in, how poor they are, then have a little think to yourself about how you compare. And when it sinks in, gloat & shout 'Ha! Look at my wad'.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    If you really want to appreciate how rich you really are just go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country to put things into perspective.
    WHS

Take a trip to a really poor place in Africa where they don't have decent water, little food, poor sanitation, mud huts and are just about living on a day to day basis. Take it all in, how poor they are, then have a little think to yourself about how you compare. And when it sinks in, gloat & shout 'Ha! Look at my wad'.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Is it sunny in Wales now?
    No you're ok, it's still raining so no drought here and we can continue to supply water to England

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I don't even like going to England
    Is it sunny in Wales now?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    If you really want to appreciate how rich you really are just go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country to put things into perspective.
    Why on earth would I want to go to Afrika or some other 3rd world country!

They are all full of poor people who would rather spend money on weapons than in bettering themselves.

I don't even like going to England

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X