• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cars I haven't seen for a while"

Collapse

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    About the same number remain of my much loved Fiat Croma Super IE.

Which is about 30 years younger.

The Eyetalian tinworm is even worse than the UK variety.
    I had a Fiat 124 sport (poor mans alfa gtv...) in my youth. Dad said, "don't buy an old car". Yes, it nearly killed me a couple of times. Yes, it nearly bankrupted me.

Damn I miss that car.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Saw a beautiful Ford Anglia the other day.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I once had a Vauxhall Velox E Series.

They made 235,000 over 6 years in the 1950's.

There are only 9 still registered. VAUXHALL VELOX E SERIES - How Many Left?.

Pretty, pretty, rare....rusted to dust.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I went to a formula 3 racing event oop norf a few years ago, the missus is a fan, and it was ok
    but the best race was the last one
    about 50 2cv's - a good race and funny as heck

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    I'm looking around for an old depreciation proof classic at the moment, and my short list consists of;

80's BMW M3
    80's RS 3 Dr Cosworth
    80's / 90's Mercedes 190E Evolution

Puts a smile on my face when I see a well kept example of a classic car.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Saw a Hillman Imp the other day.

Rather worryingly it had a tow hitch on the back.

I'd have though a tow hitch on the front would have been more appropriate if it was anything like my Singer Chamois.

And yesterday I nearly got run over by a Vauxhall Chevette 4 door saloon tastefully painted in battleship grey and rust, with what sounded like a really really holy exhaust.

There can't be many of either left by now, especially the rustbucket Shovit.

Last Saturday I saw a really nice looking Rover P5B. Must be a lovely drive if you can afford the petrol. Where do you get 5* from these days?
    Search results for "Hillman imp" - How Many Left?
    Search results for "Vauxhall chevette" - How Many Left?

Not many Orions like mine left either, it seems: Search results for "Ford Orion" - How Many Left?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I saw an immaculate Sierra XR4x4 this morning followed by one of those new BMW GT's which reminded me of a Rover SDI.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I saw a Triumph Stag a few days ago. One of those yellowy ones. Superficially they look quite nice.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I saw an Austin Allegro near where I live a couple of months ago... from the looks of things it had been kept in an oxygen free environment since circa 1980

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I'd have though a tow hitch on the front would have been more appropriate if it was anything like my Singer Chamois.

And yesterday I nearly got run over by a Vauxhall Chevette 4 door saloon tastefully painted in battleship grey and rust, with what sounded like a really really holy exhaust.

Last Saturday I saw a really nice looking Rover P5B. Must be a lovely drive if you can afford the petrol. Where do you get 5* from these days?
    Most of the normal oldies still running run just fine on unleaded - they've either had new heads or been suitably retuned. It's the high power Italian stuff that needs the fuel additives etc.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    started a topic Cars I haven't seen for a while

Cars I haven't seen for a while

Working...
X