• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "St George's day brownies are out at my desk now!"

Collapse

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Sorry. Got you confused with Zeity.
    Sorry, no, not adept enough with the sheep, and I don't have enough fingers.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Oi! Feck off! St George is as English as the Queen.
    He's also as German as the Queen is Syrian

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    What's so English about celebrating a foreigner anway ?
    Oi! Feck off! St George is as English as the Queen.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I make it time for the annual CUK ladybags re the merits or otherwise of observing St. George's day.
    What's so English about celebrating a foreigner anway ?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I dont think Zeity is going to be very happy with you.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I thought you were Welsh?
    We wouldn't have him!

He's far too energetic

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Okay. Okay. I will bite though I know I am going to regret this.

Why do you think I am Welsh?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Okay. Okay. I will bite though I know I am going to regret this.

Why do you think I am Welsh?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    And for those of you with trouble finding my desk, I am the one with the England shirt on.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Great question for St George's day...

Win a 2-Night Break For Two in The Lake Country House & Spa, Wales

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So far only 1 person has noticed my St Georges day shirt - and accused me of being a football hooligan.

I have pointed out I detest football and this is the official shirt of the women's beach volleyball team.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Yep, I quite agree. Travelling in to London today I felt and looked like a foreigner in my own homeland. Our country has been sold by the politicians.
    Indeed. I often find that most of the emigrants I work with are far more British than the British!

Its the types who believe that the world owes us a living are the issue. And, as you say, that is caused by the politicians telling us that everything is great when it clearly is not.

But one cannot change the world. One can only live in the world as it is.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I have already told my kids they will have to emigrate - I would emigrate myself apart for the court order affecting residence of the kids.

The rot set in when I was growing up - I was taught that the British were better than the rest of the world as we "won" the war. I thought Maggie might turn Britain around - but her inheritance was frittered away by Major, Blair, Brown and now Cameron.

And more English people celebrate St Patrick's day these days.

Anyways - this is the wrong day and wrong thread for all that. Now is a day for partying and celebration while we still can.
    Yep, I quite agree. Travelling in to London today I felt and looked like a foreigner in my own homeland. Our country has been sold by the politicians.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm eagerly awaiting zoiderman (or whoever the newest incarnation is) making a nice sensitive post about this. Unless Wim gets there first.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I have already told my kids they will have to emigrate - I would emigrate myself apart for the court order affecting residence of the kids.

The rot set in when I was growing up - I was taught that the British were better than the rest of the world as we "won" the war. I thought Maggie might turn Britain around - but her inheritance was frittered away by Major, Blair, Brown and now Cameron.

And more English people celebrate St Patrick's day these days.

Anyways - this is the wrong day and wrong thread for all that. Now is a day for partying and celebration while we still can.
    Nonsense. Celebrating national days is something that foreigners do (and good luck to them). By encouraging celebration of the day, you are promoting the very thing you want to avoid.

The correct response is to harrumph into your Telegraph or sneer over the top of your Guardian. It is this cynicism that unites us all on our national day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X