• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What time do you go to bed?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Around 10. Sleep around 11. Up again at 6am. If I sleep more than seven hours I feel dreadful. Less than 6.5 and the day is pretty tough.

Got some cortisone prescribed once - five hours a night was all I needed, and full of energy during the day.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    Anybody sleep with a partner who sleeps like an effing warthog???

No matter sleeping on front side or back.

Earplugs no good as partner is SO LOUD!!!!

How do you manage?

Tone
    Or worse: snoring at both ends.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post

How do you manage?

Tone
    Yep, my other half. I'm the Warthog.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Recently my sleep is quite erratic - but I often sleep Sat and Sun afternoon!
    If we're having a quiet day at home, I'll often put on a film for the kids and sleep watching it with them

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied

How do you manage?

Tone

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Used to be the same now find myself falling asleep on the sofa at 10pm. I think its getting older.
    Add another to that and I'm only 34....

Used to be 2am get up at 7 or 8, now I struggle with 8am going to bed at 12.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Recently my sleep is quite erratic - but I often sleep Sat and Sun afternoon!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    During the week, I normally head upstairs at 22:00-22:15, by the time I've showered, shaved (in the evenings as early start) and read a few pages it's 23:00ish. I'm up at 05:30, leave by 05:45 at my desk by 07:45.

Weekends I only need one eight hour stretch to make up for my lack of sleep during the week.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Bed at 11, up at 6:15. Office by 7:45.

Wife is away at a friends tonight, so maybe a little later, but not stupid o'clock.

Gives me time to watch the movies she doesn't like.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Hello luv

Hope you & Mrs EO are good!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Yeah but me and him go back to the land of nod for a few hours before 2nd breakfast usually around 8.

Then, he naps from 9.30am till 11ish.... time for me to shower and do chores. He's a very accommodating baby

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    About 9:30pm...

Son and heir wakes about 4:30 to 5:30 so it's an early start.
    Yeah but me and him go back to the land of nod for a few hours before 2nd breakfast usually around 8.

Then, he naps from 9.30am till 11ish.... time for me to shower and do chores. He's a very accommodating baby

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I have never seen you in the Insomnia Club!
    That's because you don't talk about Insomnia Club.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Sleep is for wimps.
    I have never seen you in the Insomnia Club!

I have a terrible sleep pattern when on the bench, usually its not till 2-3 in the morning before I think about getting tired.

First day back on a contract and I can certain of z'ding away ay about 12:30-1:00am and up at about 6:30-7:00.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Seriously, what time to you go to bed in order to get up for work - fresh - the following day?

I used to pride myself in never hitting the sack before 1-2 a.m. - and yet still always be in work the next day for 8:00 a.m.

These days, I still do the 8:00 a.m. start, but find I'm getting sleepy by 10:30 p.m., and in bed by 11:00 p.m.

If it carries on like this, I might end up sleeping at my desk, like my outsourced Indian friend who the Bank has (un)kindly placed at the desk next to mine.

Just curious.
    Used to be the same now find myself falling asleep on the sofa at 10pm. I think its getting older.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X