• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Idiot of the day - The result!"

Collapse

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I only worked in Mcdonalds as a student. You still there then?
    You must have been poor. I didn't work during any of my degrees, enjoyed myself too much with daddies money

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe AtW works at the Wigan branch, and the riot was all his fault for telling the youths he wouldn't accept credit card payments.
    Told 'em to **** off and "Compare Ze Market".

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Maybe AtW works at the Wigan branch, and the riot was all his fault for telling the youths he wouldn't accept credit card payments.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I've got five stars, was promoted to night shift manager and soon got out to start my own business

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I've invested money I've saved in the first 5 years of me being a FTV in the same company where MF worked before I replaced him - that was priceless. Ever since he holds a grudge.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Can you imagine AtW getting questioned on Dragons' Den?
    I don't need to beg for money some people who seek publicity through taking the piss at others who are too desperate for money - my feeling is that Dragons Den can go **** themselves, to feel like this is priceless - it's not like they have any serious money to invest anyway.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Duncan Banatyne set up his first nursing home by selling everything, using every last penny and maxing his credit cards to the hilt. AtW keeps his in a penny jar under the bed.
    I've invested money I've saved in the first 5 years of me being a FTV in the same company where MF worked before I replaced him - that was priceless. Ever since he holds a grudge.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I have the money, I have to pay a penalty to access it.
    This means you don't have the money.

It's like to say - I've got lots of money invested into shares but if I sell them it will be at a loss, well - there you have it: if you can't use it then you don't have it, maybe you can get some credit using that money as a collateral but it will cost you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I know it's AtW, but even so the fact someone running a bona fide business doesn't get the concept of cashflow and credit is simply stunning.

Duncan Banatyne set up his first nursing home by selling everything, using every last penny and maxing his credit cards to the hilt. AtW keeps his in a penny jar under the bed.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I think we've learned a real lesson today folks.

That lesson should be engraved on all our hearts.

It should be printed in letters 6 feet tall and posted from billboards everywhere.

The lesson is "Don't argue with AtW, because every time you do a little orphan boy dies!". Probably.
    Or never argue with an idiot as you'll always lose. They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's the difference between bankrupcy and happy everlasting list.

Do you have the fooking money right now? No? Then you are skint.
    I know it's AtW, but even so the fact someone running a bona fide business doesn't get the concept of cashflow and credit is simply stunning.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

It should be printed in letters 6 feet tall and posted from billboards everywhere.

The lesson is "Don't argue with AtW, because every time you do a little orphan boy dies!". Probably.
    WHS.

Now I'm off to modify my Travel Lodge macro to factor in the cost of mileage between different locations to get the best overall price.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Remember #1 rule - have good cashflow, even if it means not making a tenner a month on deal that can go more sour than Toxic Waste.
    Feck me. Did your mother drop you on your head when you were a child? I have the money, I have to pay a penalty to access it. The penalty is higher than borrowing it elsewhere. The interest I get on the invested money is higher than the borrowing. To get a higher interest rate you have to lock it in, otherwise you get the interest on a current account which is less than the amount to borrow it.

And don't PM me again. I don't have £50 to invest in your company this month and yes I would want more than the 50% you offered last time.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I never said skint. I said cash flow. Big difference.

Remember #1 rule - have good cashflow, even if it means not making a tenner a month on deal that can go more sour than Toxic Waste.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X