• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is the eurozone crisis over?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    There's no Eurozone crisis until Germany keep their AAA rating and it's gonna stay like this for the foreseeable future. But wait until UK lose their AAA and then you call it the Poundzone crisis (or is it Poundland?).
    THe USA is now AA and is still the world's reserve currency.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    There's no Eurozone crisis until Germany keep their AAA rating and it's gonna stay like this for the foreseeable future. But wait until UK lose their AAA and then you call it the Poundzone crisis (or is it Poundland?).

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Which is why I would like to see Germany and the Northern countries leave to create Euro2 - leaving France and the PIIGS in the tulip.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    WBPS

Not only is it smoking, but there's a nasty looking bulge on it...
    My bulge is not nasty looking. Just cos Mrs BP says it does not mean it is true.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
    Forget Spain. France is the elephant in the room.
    Which is why I would like to see Germany and the Northern countries leave to create Euro2 - leaving France and the PIIGS in the Euro.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Not over by a long shot IMHO.

As BP says Spain has some issue recently and their bond prices are up above 6%.

Greece will be back on the cards at some point as I don't think the ECB payout is the long term solution.

Portugal still has issue, but always a case of whoever is in the most trouble is the headline. Was Italy, then Greece and now Spain. Portugal to come?
    I agree about Portugal. Of course no-one from cuk would be stupid enough to buy a holiday home there.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought it had just got noisy again with Spain?

I still stand by my view that at the moment the volcano is smoking - we will see real action in the 2nd half of 2012.
    WBPS

Not only is it smoking, but there's a nasty looking bulge on it...

Leave a comment:

• KaiserWilly
    replied
    Forget Spain. France is the elephant in the room.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Not over by a long shot IMHO.

As BP says Spain has some issue recently and their bond prices are up above 6%.

Greece will be back on the cards at some point as I don't think the ECB payout is the long term solution.

Portugal still has issue, but always a case of whoever is in the most trouble is the headline. Was Italy, then Greece and now Spain. Portugal to come?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I thought it had just got noisy again with Spain?

I still stand by my view that at the moment the volcano is smoking - we will see real action in the 2nd half of 2012.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    started a topic Is the eurozone crisis over?

Is the eurozone crisis over?

It's been relatively quiet for a few weeks. Is the crisis over? Everyone solvent again?

Working...
X