• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: F1

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "F1"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Did anyone watch this in 3d? I've been a fan of the Sky coverage, but wasnt home this weekend so had to watch on Beeb.

Apparently the 3D was very good, which is annoying as I only bought a 3D tv last week! Hopefully it wont be the only race screened like this...
    Never knew they had it in 3D, sounds cool.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yet several teams made him chief mechanic. If only they'd access to your wisdom they could have avoided that mistake.
    Many have employed Gasgoyne too. Now, remind me, what's he won?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I was also interested (BBC coverage) to hear about the technical advances that F1 spearheads. Technologies such as batteries, regenerative braking, aerodynamics, engines, materials science, etc. All bleeding edge.

I wish other sports, e.g. cycling, removed their restrictions on innovation too.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Did anyone watch this in 3d? I've been a fan of the Sky coverage, but wasnt home this weekend so had to watch on Beeb.

Apparently the 3D was very good, which is annoying as I only bought a 3D tv last week! Hopefully it wont be the only race screened like this...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    He couldn't develop a car for tulip
    Yet several teams made him chief mechanic. If only they'd access to your wisdom they could have avoided that mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    He doesn't speak very clearly, and sounds to me like he has a slight lisp. I wasn't referring to his accent.

I've been very unimpressed with his knowledge and insights. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I no likey.
    He couldn't develop a car for tulip, sounds odd, and hasn't lit my fire just yet; Brundle a much better propostion...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    A regional accent isn't a speech impediment.
    He doesn't speak very clearly, and sounds to me like he has a slight lisp. I wasn't referring to his accent.

Kudos to the BBC for hiring someone based on their expert knowledge over how good they look on camera.
    I've been very unimpressed with his knowledge and insights. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I no likey.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Miss the traitorous money-grabbing mutinous Brundle a bit.
    Nothing traitorous about it, it's his job and if someone offered you a lot more to do the same work, you'd take it Remember the BBC only had him because he jumped from ITV when they lost it.

And I miss him too, keep waiting for them to bump into him on the grid.

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Urgh, what about Gary Anderson on the BBC?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Anderson_(motorsport)

Why they chose someone with a speech impediment to commentate I don't know
    A regional accent isn't a speech impediment. Kudos to the BBC for hiring someone based on their expert knowledge over how good they look on camera.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Urgh, what about Gary Anderson on the BBC?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Anderson_(motorsport)

Why they chose someone with a speech impediment to commentate I don't know

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Miss the traitorous money-grabbing mutinous Brundle a bit.
    I don't miss him at all.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    I must admit, I am enjoying seeing Vettel getting tumped by his team mate in Q and the race, as he really would lick himself were he ice cream. Fernando said the other day, that Ham is the one he worries about, as he's the only other driver who can win in less than the best car. Ham looks to have grown up and accepting that sometimes a circumspect 3rd place is better than a thrilling DNF. He's clearly improving and, whilst having a vested interest, really do think he'll take the title this year.

As someone said, good race after a very boring start, and amazing last 10 laps, seeing Kimi fall from 2nd to 13th, just by a bad tyre call. Poetic watching Webber jump Vettel two corners from the end.

Starting to look interesting this season.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Agreed, most enjoyable, which is rarely the case without rain. Hadn't seen qualifying so was shocked to see the Mercs up the front. Looks to be anyones at the mo but Mclaren looking best. Underdog soft spot for Button due to him being written off by all as not fit to lace LH's shoes. He is slower but seems to be making up for it in other ways.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Schumacher was a cheating swine dog and the man to hate when he was racing, but I was sad to see him lose out like that yesterday.
    If you get away with it, it's not cheating

Anyway he looks much better this year, on the last 3 races he's set for a podium and it will be interesting if he can beat Nico over the year.

I'm more happy to see Vettel taking his lumps than Schumacher personally - I like him but it's fun watching him getting overtaken.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I would have been better off pasting into excel to reorder the columns than doing it by hand.
    Sorry, I forgot the

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I've heard of the Sauber-Ferrari, but the Ferarri Fernando?
    I would have been better off pasting into excel to reorder the columns than doing it by hand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X