• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Marc Bolan's shrine"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I stumbled upon this on a walk a few years ago. I thought it was quite cool, but the immediate neighbours must be a bit bored of the attention by now.
    presumably unless they have lived there since before 1977 they could have chosen somewhere else to live.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    What was Marc Bolan's last song?

Wrap a purple mini round the old oak tree
    Hello, CUK Taxis? Yes, straight away please.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    It wasn't the tree that got 'im

It was a reinforced fence post in front of the tree

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I couldn't imagine Marc Bolan at 65.
    with a haircut like that, he would either be playing for Queen, or playing for Everton

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I couldn't imagine Marc Bolan at 65.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I stumbled across it twenty years ago - a friend lived around the corner from there and we happened to walk past it one day.

I stopped in my tracks when I realised what it was, she just shrugged and thought that I was stupid for not knowing about it before.

I see that they've made it a bit more 'official looking' now. It was just a load of ribbons and flowers thrown in the hedge back then.
    What was Marc Bolan's last song?

Wrap a purple mini round the old oak tree

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I can't say it's on my list of places to visit, but there you go.
    I stumbled across it twenty years ago - a friend lived around the corner from there and we happened to walk past it one day.

I stopped in my tracks when I realised what it was, she just shrugged and thought that I was stupid for not knowing about it before.

I see that they've made it a bit more 'official looking' now. It was just a load of ribbons and flowers thrown in the hedge back then.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Wear your hair long, baby, can't go wrong.
    Heh. I used to wear my hair quite long. but I got over it.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    There was I innocuously looking at the history of Minis at Wiki and in the Exotic Minis and Celebreties section I came across a reference to Marc Bolan's shrine.

In Barnes, the tree was close to being condemned as unsafe, but it was saved by this lot.

Wear your hair long, baby, can't go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I stumbled upon this on a walk a few years ago. I thought it was quite cool, but the immediate neighbours must be a bit bored of the attention by now.
    I think the closest thing I've seen to it was Jim Morrison's grave in Paris. It was a bust of his head. the most remarkable thing about that being his hairstyle. It was hidden well away from the posher plots, but some obliging souls had daubed arrows pointing to it along the way, in a rather vandalistic way.

The plot itself was littered with empty booze bottles too.

Oscar Wilde's grave was much more impressive but cordoned off and under police guard. Apparently the gay community thought weeing on his grave gave them a lucky love life.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    That tree was the biggest hit he ever had
    I thought it was his windscreen & dashboard........

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    There was I innocuously looking at the history of Minis at Wiki and in the Exotic Minis and Celebreties section I came across a reference to Marc Bolan's shrine.

In Barnes, the tree was close to being condemned as unsafe, but it was saved by this lot.

That tree was the biggest hit he ever had

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    started a topic Marc Bolan's shrine

Marc Bolan's shrine

Working...
X