• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Thread"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    I'm all a bit chef'd out this weekend so may settle for some quick and easy home made snacks: caramel popcorn, Welsh rarebit, tapas, cheesy melty things on crusty bread. You get the idea.

Going to be cooking a Thai/Chinese fusion banquet for a family of 6 next weekend, so will save my energy and ingredients for that I think.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Lamb shoulder marinaded in ras-el-hanout and olive oil, slow roast for a couple of hours, add some tatziki and pitta, slice it up and yer done!

Failing that whole roast salmon stuffed with herbs wrapped in newspaper( soaked), serve with tartare and a salad.
    Moroccan it up, sister! Sounds fab!

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Cut the front & back lawns, washed the car, washed it again after a seagull carpet-bombed it and fecked off an agent on the prowl.

It's beer o'clock very soon.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Weather dependent I think.

I need to paint the back & side walls of the garden. And dig out the flowerbeds. And the new veggie patch. Before I can do the veggie patch I need to clear all the crap and cut down a tree, then dig the flippin roots out.

So I think I'll go into town and buy a guitar instead.
    It's now ^^^^ + a haircut.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    FFS,that's not a barbie. Get some lamb chops, steaks, chicken sosaties and pork ribs on there.
    Lamb shoulder marinaded in ras-el-hanout and olive oil, slow roast for a couple of hours, add some tatziki and pitta, slice it up and yer done!

Failing that whole roast salmon stuffed with herbs wrapped in newspaper( soaked), serve with tartare and a salad.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Cutting the grass

Leave a comment:

• VirtualMonkey
    replied
    Gym in the morning for myself and Mrs VM then an Easter party for my 4 year old at the gym in the afternoon.
    Sunday is a day of chilling I think...which reminds me...need to get the joint out of the freezer
    Oh...and probably making an easter bonnet for her parade at nursery on Tuesday

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Costco burgers. Yum Yum.
    FFS,that's not a barbie. Get some lamb chops, steaks, chicken sosaties and pork ribs on there.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Weather dependent I think.

I need to paint the back & side walls of the garden. And dig out the flowerbeds. And the new veggie patch. Before I can do the veggie patch I need to clear all the crap and cut down a tree, then dig the flippin roots out.

So I think I'll go into town and buy a guitar instead.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Out this evening for some beverages to celebrate my cousins birthday.

Perhaps BBQ tomorrow, weather permitting, Costco burgers. Yum Yum.

Not sure about Sunday, maybe a London random adventure.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    This weekend excavations and concreting in the garden .

So who upset you to the point of needing “disposal”?

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Off for weeks holiday in Yorkshire Dales - really looking forward to it!

Love the Dales - best place in the UK.

Lets hope there is enough petrol left to get there.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Paying a man to come in to compensate for husband's inadequacies in certain departments.

OU assignment due, so need to crack on with that.

Will try and get out on bike, though probably only 10% of Brillo's 115 miles.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Tomorrow I am traing for iron man - 115 mile bike ride planned.

Sunday we go to the olympic stadium for some NSPCC event.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Off to Stratford-Upon-Avon to do some Wildlife Photography.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X